• November 1, 2014
November 01, 2014, 3:47:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: Talk online about your experiences as an adjunct, visiting assistant professor, postdoc, or other contract faculty member.

Pages: 1 ... 1269 1270 [1271] 1272 1273 ... 3615
  Print  
Author Topic: The venting thread  (Read 4893056 times)
pollinate
Distinguished Senior Member

« Reply #19050 on: October 08, 2009, 10:23:47 AM »

Ah, come on, Octo! I clicked on it! I laughed!
Me, too!  And I needed a laugh this morning - Thank you!
jossi66

« Reply #19051 on: October 08, 2009, 10:42:14 AM »

This morning I had to deal with taking a car to the body shop and getting a "free" rental.  Took forever, and then the nickel and diming started.  But--I will be glad to get the damages fixed.

Best wishes to ST and all other with more challenging problems than I can claim.  But---nice to vent anyway.
gennimom
Somewhat Southern (Have I really posted that much?)

Let's get summer over with! Me want snow!

« Reply #19052 on: October 08, 2009, 10:45:47 AM »

If they are nickel and diming you, you aren't dealing with Geico. And no, this isn't a commercial. Just a comment on the great service we got after our car was hit by a Geico-insured driver.

...only after reading gm's post, my new mantra is "always listen to gennimom".
Monday reeks! - Garfield
The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a person (or something like that).
jossi66

« Reply #19053 on: October 08, 2009, 10:54:04 AM »

No indeed, not Geico.  On top of everything else, they gave me a Kia.  But---just for one day.  And it's better than my beater.
cc_alan
is a wossname

Caution! Nekkid Zamboni driver ahead.

« Reply #19054 on: October 08, 2009, 11:05:25 AM »

If they are nickel and diming you, you aren't dealing with Geico. And no, this isn't a commercial. Just a comment on the great service we got after our car was hit by a Geico-insured driver.

Me too. We have Geico and my wife was slammed by another car last year (different insurance company). They were wonderful and took care of everything.

And when I needed to use the towing service (which I had yet to use in the almost 20 years of having them), it was very simple and an almost pleasant call. The only thing keeping it from a pleasant call was that my car had suddenly stopped working (fixed, now).

And after looking at the earwig pic only after reading gm's post, my new mantra is "always listen to gennimom".

Alan

Oops... upon reflection, I realize I didn't vent. Ok... frikkin' SD Chargers!

Guess what? I got a fever and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!
gennimom
Somewhat Southern (Have I really posted that much?)

Let's get summer over with! Me want snow!

« Reply #19055 on: October 08, 2009, 11:14:55 AM »

...after reading gm's post, my new mantra is "always listen to gennimom".

May I put this in my signature line? Please?

...only after reading gm's post, my new mantra is "always listen to gennimom".
Monday reeks! - Garfield
The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a person (or something like that).
stitch
Non-Voting Member, RCIB

« Reply #19056 on: October 08, 2009, 11:47:12 AM »

The scary thing in question begins with an E. (Hover your cursor over the link.)
As the person who brought up the subject to begin with, Octoprof, click on the link.  You won't be sorry, I promise!
I'm going to have to remember that one (the image, that is)!

Ah, see! There's Sister Mary Anthroid, Temptress of Doom!

But did you click?  You really should.  It's quite hilarious.
mountainguy
The no longer carbonated

« Reply #19057 on: October 08, 2009, 11:51:43 AM »

Dear useless moronic misguided socially inept Esteemed Adminctitter:

We're dealing with the fallout from one of the worst budget cuts in university history, and you think it's a good idea to send an e-mail to the entire department lecturing us about hallway manners? Can't you do something more important, like give us an update about, uhm, whether we'll have freakin' jobs this time next year? As for the issue you raise in your e-mail about people "over-using the hallway a common space," maybe people wouldn't do that if you would take action to deal with the 1-2 faculty members who use other common spaces like it's their personal office. To summarize, BITE ME.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 11:52:58 AM by mountainguy » Logged
msparticularity

Assistant Professor cum bricoleur

« Reply #19058 on: October 08, 2009, 1:30:09 PM »

We're dealing with the fallout from one of the worst budget cuts in university history, and you think it's a good idea to send an e-mail to the entire department lecturing us about hallway manners? Can't you do something more important, like give us an update about, uhm, whether we'll have freakin' jobs this time next year? As for the issue you raise in your e-mail about people "over-using the hallway a common space," maybe people wouldn't do that if you would take action to deal with the 1-2 faculty members who use other common spaces like it's their personal office. To summarize, BITE ME.

Apparently, they've hired a middle school principal into the administration at your place! Did the email mention inappropriate PDAs?

"Once admit that the sole verifiable or fruitful object of knowledge is the particular set of changes that generate the object of study...and no intelligible question can be asked about what, by assumption, lies outside." John Dewey

"Be particular." Jill Conner Browne
vardahilwen
One of the cool kids

« Reply #19059 on: October 08, 2009, 1:33:17 PM »

Apparently, they've hired a middle school principal into the administration at your place! Did the email mention inappropriate PDAs?

Do you need a hall pass to be in the hallway?  And if you don't have one, are you sent to (gulp) "the office?"

You can sit at my lunch table.
bibliothecula
Academic ronin

like Bunnicula, only with books

« Reply #19060 on: October 08, 2009, 2:24:40 PM »

AARRRGGGGHHHH! Just AAARRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH! Get out of the way and leave me alone!!!

GRGGRGRGRGRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Thanks, I feel better now.

I came. I saw. I cited.
tinyzombie
She of the Badass Abs, and a

elevate from this point on - chuck d

« Reply #19061 on: October 08, 2009, 2:48:26 PM »

AARRRGGGGHHHH! Just AAARRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH! Get out of the way and leave me alone!!!

GRGGRGRGRGRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Thanks, I feel better now.

Echo!

Quote from: usukprof
I think we have three of them, but the smallest one seems to be the leader.
Quote from: dolljepopp
Who needs real life when Sandra Bullock is around?
Quote from: systeme_d_
You are all my people, and I love you.
octoprof
Member-Moderator

Love your loved ones while you can.

« Reply #19062 on: October 08, 2009, 3:06:22 PM »

The scary thing in question begins with an E. (Hover your cursor over the link.)
As the person who brought up the subject to begin with, Octoprof, click on the link.  You won't be sorry, I promise!
I know those ears. Those are the ears of my first dept head, many years ago. I am traumatized by the memories of those hairy ears.

Love your neighbor.
mystictechgal
Happy in my "full, rich adulthood", and as a
Member-Moderator

One step at a time

« Reply #19063 on: October 08, 2009, 4:17:57 PM »

I know those ears. Those are the ears of my first dept head, many years ago. I am traumatized by the memories of those hairy ears.

The link was funny.  Your comment was funnier, in an EWWWW sort of way.

My vent(s): 
Please, when you are already apologizing about going overtime in what is already a 4 hr. rehearsal could you refrain from expounding on the wonders of each piece before we rehearse it again?  Just pick up the baton and get on with it already.  Oh, and if you plan on rehearsing us from our call time of 2 until we finally perform at 5?  Then you're nuts and I won't do it; not if you actually want me to have a voice left for the actual hour plus concert.

Oh, you!  You are pompous.  Your comments are uninformed and unhelpful (and besides, you're the biggest offender of what you're complaining about).  And, when you blow off three weeks of rehearsal to go hang out in Germany with your lover and then complain that you'll need to be placed so the rest of your section is singing in your ear because you don't know your music?  You prove to all of us, once again, just how big an idiot and jerk you are!

You must realize that a university cannot educate you. You must do that for yourself, although a college or university is the place where it is likely that you can study most efficiently.
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/chapman.htm

"Is all the same, only different" -- HL
mountainguy
The no longer carbonated

« Reply #19064 on: October 08, 2009, 4:18:04 PM »

Do you need a hall pass to be in the hallway?  And if you don't have one, are you sent to (gulp) "the office?"

Passes? We don't need no stinkin' passes!
Pages: 1 ... 1269 1270 [1271] 1272 1273 ... 3615
  Print  

Jump to: