"Favorite" conversations with students

<< < (1523/1786) > >>

usukprof:
Quote from: gennimom on April 18, 2013, 10:22:43 PM

We have pictures of GD's stomach surgery.

In lurid color.

Most people can't stand seeing them.

And yet, you're not going to post them on FB?  [interthreaduality]

gennimom:
Quote from: usukprof on April 20, 2013, 10:49:30 AM

In lurid color.

And yet, you're not going to post them on FB?  [interthreaduality]

Um, no.

They don't bug me, but I've seen people turn green at what doesn't bother me. I really don't want to be responsible for other people visiting the porcelain god.

llanfair:
I got to see my own removed uterus + fibroids after my spay surgery, and the SO was allowed to see them as well.  One of the many perks of working next door to the Path. lab/Morgue.  But I can certainly understand why not everyone wants to see such things. 

Desmata: your student is a strong woman and will be a great addition to the nursing ranks!

0susanna:
Student: I need to reschedule my final exam for your class.

Prof. 0susanna: Do you have three finals on that day? [MyUniversity's policy is that students can petition to reschedule if they have three finals on the same day]

Student: I don't know. I don't think so. My other professors haven't said anything...

Prof. 0susanna: Let's check. [shows student the final exam schedule, which has been posted online since the beginning of the semester]

Student: Oh. I have one other final that day. But I have an interview at Another University in the afternoon, during your exam.

Prof. 0susanna: Can't you reschedule the interview?

Student: They only interview transfer students on the last Friday of the month.

Since this student has slept through most every class, submitted lackluster (at best) work, and demonstrates very little initiative--can't be bothered to find out his final exam schedule--I decided MyUniversity would be happy to let Another University deal with him & rescheduled the exam.

gennidad:

In lurid color.

Desmata, I am amazed by your student. She is awesome!

I need to remember to get copies of the x-rays of my head.  They had a great shot of my surgery site and the screws holding my skull together.  The whole radiological staff were checking them out so I got to see to.  I also got to explain how I wound up with "such cool pictures."  Their words, not mine. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page