• October 31, 2014
October 31, 2014, 8:28:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: Talk about how to cope with chronic illness, disability, and other health issues in the academic workplace.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking accom in Boston/Cambridge, mid-Feb to early Mar & first half of April  (Read 1658 times)
empyrean_aisles
Sesquipedalian

« on: January 03, 2013, 8:27:05 PM »

Fellow forumites in the Boston & Cambridge area, I'd be very grateful for your help.

A friend is coming to Cambridge for six weeks (split into two three-week periods of mid-Feb to early Mar & the first half of April 2013) during his sabbatical and is having a lot of trouble finding accommodation. I suggested Sabbatical Homes but most of the listings there are for a minimum of 3 or 6 months, and the ones available with shorter periods are either very expensive or a long way from where he needs to be.

If there's some local website or Harvard/BU accommodation board that you can point me to, that would be brilliant. Or even better, if anyone reading this happens to manage a vacation rental in the area, please PM me. My friend would prefer a studio flat but will consider a house share as well. Thanks in advance.

I just need to have my cake in a safe white place today.
mathy

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 9:13:55 PM »

When I visited Cambridge on sabbatical, I stayed at a place (actually 2 places; I moved half-way through) I found through craigslist under the sublet category.  I had this (http://corporatestay.net/properties/harvard-square.php) as a backup plan but the sublets ended up being much cheaper so I didn't end up looking too closely at the corporate stay.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: