• November 1, 2014
November 01, 2014, 6:35:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: Talk about how to cope with chronic illness, disability, and other health issues in the academic workplace.

Pages: 1 ... 2099 2100 [2101] 2102 2103 ... 3702
  Print  
Author Topic: Post your one-offs here  (Read 4629781 times)
octoprof
Member-Moderator
Distinguished Senior Member

Love your loved ones while you can.

« Reply #31500 on: March 18, 2012, 11:49:44 PM »

I think I've just been nominated to be Derailleur-in-Chief. I accept the nomination.

Love your neighbor.
notaprof
Not a

« Reply #31501 on: March 18, 2012, 11:53:43 PM »

I think I've just been nominated to be Derailleur-in-Chief. I accept the nomination.

You will have a tough time in the primaries, there are many who are equally or even much more qualified than you.  How many debates will we have to endure in this campaign? 

octoprof
Member-Moderator

Love your loved ones while you can.

« Reply #31502 on: March 18, 2012, 11:56:56 PM »

You will have a tough time in the primaries, there are many who are equally or even much more qualified than you.  How many debates will we have to endure in this campaign? 

But, I've been nominated by an esteemed poster with 43 posts, most of which came today, I think. Surely that will put me over the top?

Love your neighbor.
wilbrish

« Reply #31503 on: March 19, 2012, 12:29:42 AM »

man this guy is so full of sheete.
wilbrish

« Reply #31504 on: March 19, 2012, 12:43:30 AM »

(unrelated).

You are just awful.  Really awful.
wilbrish

« Reply #31505 on: March 19, 2012, 12:51:12 AM »

Spam? On the one-off thread?
mystictechgal
Happy in my "full, rich adulthood", and as a
Member-Moderator

One step at a time

« Reply #31506 on: March 19, 2012, 2:44:41 AM »

[related to some? Probably--at least, I'm guessing possibly to the poster]

I'm now officially sorry for having responded to your first thread. You are not just, as another forumite previously noted, an idiot. You are apparently a totally clueless, desperately f#&@ing idiot.

You must realize that a university cannot educate you. You must do that for yourself, although a college or university is the place where it is likely that you can study most efficiently.
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/chapman.htm

"Is all the same, only different" -- HL
zharkov
or, the modern Prometheus.

« Reply #31507 on: March 19, 2012, 7:37:57 AM »

Posters who appear asking questions on behalf of a supposed friend are usually just playing us.

Perhaps we'd be better off to insist such posters have their "friend" come back and ask their own questions.

Foxaliciously Cinnamon-Scented (and Most Poetic)
Member-Moderator

Has potentially infinite removable wallets

« Reply #31508 on: March 19, 2012, 8:25:24 AM »

Posters who appear asking questions on behalf of a supposed friend are usually just playing us.

Perhaps we'd be better off to insist such posters have their "friend" come back and ask their own questions.

I hate both the "posting on behalf of a friend" and "posting on behalf of my husband" business, even when true. (Of course, it's never the husband posting on behalf of the wife.) If you haven't got either the anatomical or metaphorical balls to post your own question on a pseudonymous internet forum, then academia is the wrong job for you.

VP

fiona

« Reply #31509 on: March 19, 2012, 10:34:29 AM »

I hate both the "posting on behalf of a friend" and "posting on behalf of my husband" business, even when true. (Of course, it's never the husband posting on behalf of the wife.) If you haven't got either the anatomical or metaphorical balls to post your own question on a pseudonymous internet forum, then academia is the wrong job for you.

VP

Agreed. I also don't like it when people post on behalf of Jesus Christ. He spoke for himself a long time ago.

The Fiona

The Fiona or Them FionŠ or Fiona the Sublime

Professor of Thread Killing, Fiork University
wet_blanket
Some kind of

« Reply #31510 on: March 19, 2012, 10:40:30 AM »

It occurs to me that if the poster has a PhD from Princeton, then the unpaid visiting research he is doing is not  for his dissertation.

Let us let wet_blanket have the last word.
tinyzombie
She of the Badass Abs, and a

elevate from this point on - chuck d

« Reply #31511 on: March 19, 2012, 11:00:15 AM »

It occurs to me that if the poster has a PhD from Princeton, then the unpaid visiting research he is doing is not  for his dissertation.

I do not think he is being truthful about that.

Quote from: usukprof
I think we have three of them, but the smallest one seems to be the leader.
Quote from: dolljepopp
Who needs real life when Sandra Bullock is around?
Quote from: systeme_d_
You are all my people, and I love you.
polly_mer
practice makes perfect

Have you worked on that project today?

« Reply #31512 on: March 19, 2012, 12:58:07 PM »

Ooh, good catch, Wet_Blanket.

I've joined a bizarre cult called JordanCanonicalForm's Witnesses.  I have to go from door to door asking people things like, "Good evening, sir!  Do you have a moment to chat about Linear Transformations?"
infopri
I guess I'm now a VERY

When all else fails, let us agree to disagree.

« Reply #31513 on: March 19, 2012, 1:18:26 PM »

I just noticed that the OP asking for advice on behalf of a friend/colleague and his wife is also the same one asking about "revoking" his own online degree.

Unrelated:

I am continually amazed by those people who have chosen a life of scholarly pursuit but who post here on the fora, "I've never encountered <situation X> so it must not exist."  This attitude shows up infrequently but in many threads across the fora, from the "stupid names" thread to discussions of academic policies and other professional issues.

Folks, there is far more to the world than your own experience!

People who do not understand numbers should not be allowed to use them for anything. - DvF

MYOB.  Y ense˝en bien a sus hijos.
scampster

« Reply #31514 on: March 19, 2012, 1:18:56 PM »

I think you are the last person who should be posting on that thread.

When you are a scientist your opinions and prejudices become facts. Science is like magic that way!
Pages: 1 ... 2099 2100 [2101] 2102 2103 ... 3702
  Print  

Jump to: