• October 31, 2014
October 31, 2014, 8:20:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: Talk online about your experiences as an adjunct, visiting assistant professor, postdoc, or other contract faculty member.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the difference between a discussion board & blog tool in Blackboard?  (Read 1020 times)
merce
strange attractor
Distinguished Senior Member

« on: December 18, 2010, 8:14:44 PM »

I've used discussion board in the past and now see there is a "blog tool" available in Blackboard.

Anyone familiar with this?

Would this mean all students can post to a single blog? Or each has his/her own?

Do students prefer one over the other?
Do profs?
 I'm worried about making a mess with my BB so wanted to ask here first.
I do plan on tinkering around a bit though over break.

spammer 
Profuse gift offerings to garnish your day.
changinggears

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 8:48:57 PM »

The blog can be set up as a whole class access or individual access.  I like the blog tool better because it gives students more control over the threads and it's much more interactive.  I've used the blog very successfully in several classes.  The students really seem to like them.  I've had students embed YouTube videos and hyperlinks.  I, personally, prefer the blog tool to the discussion tool.

Quote from conjugate:
I am impressed at the level of self-awareness you show in describing your posts as "digital diarrhea," however.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: