• April 28, 2016
April 28, 2016, 7:59:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please Log In to participate in forums.
News: Talk online about your experiences as an adjunct, visiting assistant professor, postdoc, or other contract faculty member.

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 237
  Print  
Author Topic: hee hee hee! Overheard on campus  (Read 770869 times)
slinger
Quite Un-
Distinguished Senior Member

« Reply #2580 on: September 10, 2012, 8:34:34 pm »

I meant to post this one last week when it happened, but I had to do some detective work first.

My students have grouped themselves into corners in the room. Groups are doing their thing. I love a loud classroom. Lots of talking and working.  Missy was in a group at the opposite corner of the room from where she had put her stuff upon arriving in the classroom. Missy's phone starts going off with some obnoxious pop music ringtone. All the student mysteriously get quiet, then several start giggling. (They know what's coming; I have no idea.) Missy climbs over her group, knocking over a chair, has to maneuver around two other groups to get to her bags in the corner.  By the time she gets to her purse, the ringtone has rung its course. Can you guess the ringtone? It's this song, uncensored. By the time she gets there, the whole class is laughing hysterically. I was trying hard not to.

Several threads on the fora could be solved by just Being A Damn Grownup.
That is it, Slinger, you're banned!
dr_alcott

« Reply #2581 on: September 10, 2012, 8:38:35 pm »

I meant to post this one last week when it happened, but I had to do some detective work first.

My students have grouped themselves into corners in the room. Groups are doing their thing. I love a loud classroom. Lots of talking and working.  Missy was in a group at the opposite corner of the room from where she had put her stuff upon arriving in the classroom. Missy's phone starts going off with some obnoxious pop music ringtone. All the student mysteriously get quiet, then several start giggling. (They know what's coming; I have no idea.) Missy climbs over her group, knocking over a chair, has to maneuver around two other groups to get to her bags in the corner.  By the time she gets to her purse, the ringtone has rung its course. Can you guess the ringtone? It's this song, uncensored. By the time she gets there, the whole class is laughing hysterically. I was trying hard not to.

I love that song! My kids learned the sanitized version on Glee and fell in love with it too. I found my son googling the lyrics just in the nick of time and helped him find the version that wouldn't get him kicked off the playground.

Quotiazelda and Alastrina, both of your posts made me giggle.

You must be your own snow, Dr_Alcott.  You must lift, and sparkle, and then melt away.

I love everyone here!
biomancer
trying to be the person my dog thinks I am

CHE Fora Hazmat Team

« Reply #2582 on: September 11, 2012, 7:11:08 am »

I love that song! My kids learned the sanitized version on Glee and fell in love with it too. I found my son googling the lyrics just in the nick of time and helped him find the version that wouldn't get him kicked off the playground.

Quotiazelda and Alastrina, both of your posts made me giggle.

I nearly fell out of my theater seat laughing during The Muppets when Camilla and the Chickens covered it.  I had to wonder how many of the kids (and parents) in the theater knew what the original lyrics to the song were.

Clueless people can be dangerous. The acidic environment they can spread often needs to be neutralized, and humor is basic.  - Dellaroux

I have realized that it is best to assume everyone is bonkers until they demonstrate otherwise. - ChaosByDesign
marigolds
looks far too young to be a

i had fun once and it was awful

« Reply #2583 on: September 12, 2012, 5:49:07 am »

What song is it? The YouTube won't open for me, and y'all are being very cryptic!

They are our servants.  They are like dogs.  Sometimes, they think they remember being wolves, but they are only dreaming.
lohai0

« Reply #2584 on: September 12, 2012, 8:03:42 am »

What song is it? The YouTube won't open for me, and y'all are being very cryptic!

Cee-lo "Forget" You

I hate helicopter zombie grandparents. They are the worst.
quotiazelda
AFL-CIA

« Reply #2585 on: September 12, 2012, 8:55:00 am »

My cousin and her husband played the explicit version at their wedding reception. A somewhat odd choice, I thought, though the bride came down the aisle to "November Rain," so they're not exactly traditional.

"Dream on, Jump Street."
"Heather, my love...."
tinyzombie
She of the Badass Abs, and a

elevate from this point on - chuck d

« Reply #2586 on: September 12, 2012, 12:41:01 pm »

My cousin and her husband played the explicit version at their wedding reception. A somewhat odd choice, I thought, though the bride came down the aisle to "November Rain," so they're not exactly traditional.

I want to be friends with your cousin and her husband.

Quote from: usukprof
I think we have three of them, but the smallest one seems to be the leader.
Quote from: dolljepopp
Who needs real life when Sandra Bullock is around?
Quote from: systeme_d_
You are all my people, and I love you.
slinger
Quite Un-

« Reply #2587 on: September 12, 2012, 8:10:23 pm »

I've discovered that I don't like to get drunk because I wanna remember stuff. I mean I like to get drunk and stuff, but you know, dude.

Several threads on the fora could be solved by just Being A Damn Grownup.
That is it, Slinger, you're banned!
melba_frilkins
Doing laundry.
Member-Moderator

« Reply #2588 on: September 12, 2012, 8:18:38 pm »

The other day in the cafeteria

Random student: Are you considering a career as a rapper?
Instructor: No. Are you?
Random student: Maybe
Instructor: Ok, maybe.

The instructor was me.  I'm certain it was my white lace cardigan and frilly skirt that had me pegged as a rapper.

Light up the corners of your neighborhood with disco balls matched with dancing green and violet beams.
usukprof
Not sure he's been around long enough to really be a
Member-Moderator

« Reply #2589 on: September 12, 2012, 9:03:43 pm »

The instructor was me.  I'm certain it was my white lace cardigan and frilly skirt that had me pegged as a rapper.

Post. A. YouTube. Video!

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.  --Dean Vernon Wormer

Administrators leverage their synergies to deliver customer-driven educational product to their students while achieving excellence in performance-driven deliverables to their stakeholders
quotiazelda
AFL-CIA

« Reply #2590 on: September 12, 2012, 10:13:04 pm »

I want to be friends with your cousin and her husband.

They are pretty awesome people.

"Dream on, Jump Street."
"Heather, my love...."
biomancer

CHE Fora Hazmat Team

« Reply #2591 on: September 13, 2012, 8:18:24 am »

Cee-lo "Forget" You

For those who don't follow hip-hop/pop, the original version used a different word starting with F, that ends up being censored on both the Fora and the radio.  "Forget" You was done by Cee-Lo Green when "F&^%" You became a rather bigger hit than anticipated but couldn't be played on the radio or in most public spaces.

Clueless people can be dangerous. The acidic environment they can spread often needs to be neutralized, and humor is basic.  - Dellaroux

I have realized that it is best to assume everyone is bonkers until they demonstrate otherwise. - ChaosByDesign
secundem_artem
Stone cold humanist and finally a

« Reply #2592 on: September 13, 2012, 1:07:56 pm »

Either that, or the sensible shoes.  Nothing says ghetto like ballet flats or mary janes.

In my opinion, Secundem_artem is precisely correct. 

I think secundem_artem, rather, has hit the nail on the head.
biomancer

CHE Fora Hazmat Team

« Reply #2593 on: September 13, 2012, 1:34:37 pm »

Either that, or the sensible shoes.  Nothing says ghetto like ballet flats or mary janes.

<looks at feet... sees worn but comfortable black Mary Janes>

Fo' shizzle.

dem_sultan

« Reply #2594 on: September 13, 2012, 2:58:19 pm »

This was a couple months ago, but I was just reminded of it by the combined action of the two "Can I... ?" threads:

"Why does my baby have gout?"
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 237
  Print  

Jump to: