• November 1, 2014
November 01, 2014, 8:41:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: For all you tweeters, follow The Chronicle on Twitter.

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 335
  Print  
Author Topic: Girly skincare/makeup  (Read 484987 times)
voxprincipalis
Foxaliciously Cinnamon-Scented (and Most Poetic)
Member-Moderator
Distinguished Senior Member

Has potentially infinite removable wallets

« Reply #2745 on: April 10, 2012, 5:18:31 PM »

I thought you all might appreciate this:

In preparation for an Important Meeting I found myself putting on lipstick. That's normal, right? Well, yes, except this is an online webinar with no video component. Will I sound better with lipstick on?

What if they can hear if you have lipstick on your teeth?

VP

melba_frilkins
Doing laundry.
Member-Moderator

« Reply #2746 on: April 10, 2012, 5:21:24 PM »

I thought you all might appreciate this:

In preparation for an Important Meeting I found myself putting on lipstick. That's normal, right? Well, yes, except this is an online webinar with no video component. Will I sound better with lipstick on?

What if they can hear if you have lipstick on your teeth?

VP

Ack! <checks in mirror>

Light up the corners of your neighborhood with disco balls matched with dancing green and violet beams.
spectacle

« Reply #2747 on: April 10, 2012, 5:26:27 PM »

I am done - DONE, I say! - with normal deodorants and anti-antiperspirants filled with terrifying chemicals and aluminum and god-knows-what-else.

I am convinced that they are bad for me. I decided this today.

Wait. What? Why?

I don't know if this is a feasible long-term/every-day solution, but I have heard that you can use hand sanitizer as a deodorant. Apparently among the bacteria that consumer-grade hand sanitizer can kill are those that cause odor. So there's that. I don't think it has any anti-perspirant qualities, though, but I don't have all the facts.

VP

It's one of those things where antiperspirant definitely does not cause cancer or Alzheimer's but I'm convinced that it probably does.  Also, I get ridiculous skin tags, and I've been reading up on ways to avoid them. Quite a few unreliable strangers on the internet say that cutting out aluminum-based deodorants and antiperspirants might help.

I'm going to give Soapwalla a try and report back.

Will I sound better with lipstick on?

I think that it's been proven that we sound better with lipstick on.  How did the meeting go?

I think this thread is going well. Don't you think this thread is going well?
melba_frilkins
Doing laundry.
Member-Moderator

« Reply #2748 on: April 10, 2012, 5:39:25 PM »

I think that it's been proven that we sound better with lipstick on.  How did the meeting go?

It is currently in progress. All participants are muted. We may ask questions via text-chat only. The lipstick is becoming less and less relevant.

Light up the corners of your neighborhood with disco balls matched with dancing green and violet beams.
baleful_regards
Imperfect Uncertainty: Guardian of indecision is a

My magical seagull regards you balefully /\0/\

« Reply #2749 on: April 10, 2012, 5:42:31 PM »

It is currently in progress. All participants are muted. We may ask questions via text-chat only. The lipstick is becoming less and less relevant.

The only time I like those meetings is when I can express out loud the thoughts that usually are locked up behind the wall of "liking to be employed and eat".

I second the theory of sounding better with freshly applied lipstick.

Trouble comes to everyone who dares to be a muse.
marigolds
looks far too young to be a

i had fun once and it was awful

« Reply #2750 on: April 10, 2012, 6:25:43 PM »

Oh, but Melba--what about your nailpolish? That is so crucial in text chats.

I can tell by your font that you have chips.

They are our servants.  They are like dogs.  Sometimes, they think they remember being wolves, but they are only dreaming.
melba_frilkins
Doing laundry.
Member-Moderator

« Reply #2751 on: April 10, 2012, 9:57:55 PM »

Oh, but Melba--what about your nailpolish? That is so crucial in text chats.

I can tell by your font that you have chips.

Oh, you are so wrong. I just gave myself a manicure. It's only au natural, shaping and buffing, no polish on the nails. But they are nice and shiny.

The lipstick did pay off in the end. I went to get my haircut and it was nice to look good while I was sitting in front of the mirror for an hour.

ab_grp
doing the best imitation of myself as a

« Reply #2752 on: April 13, 2012, 10:23:07 PM »

I am in a lovely city.  As I peered out my hotel room window, I saw the most beautiful sight, and it wasn't the mountains (which were quite majestic).  There is a Sephora across the street! Eeeeee! Because I carried all my bags on to the planes and had to meet the 3-1-1 limits, I had a need for some fragrance (and an excuse to go to Sephora), so I headed over.  A very helpful young lady helped me to select my signature fragrance, or the closest one that is available in carry-on-friendly rollerball format.  It seems to be Roberto Cavalli.  I wish I could just go shop and shop over there.

Quote from: bread_pirate_naan
You are a genius. 

There is apparently no joy in life that mathematicians will not attempt to dessicate with the dry, hot air of statistical analysis. -anonymous commenter
voxprincipalis
Member-Moderator

« Reply #2753 on: April 13, 2012, 10:34:29 PM »

I am in a lovely city.  As I peered out my hotel room window, I saw the most beautiful sight, and it wasn't the mountains (which were quite majestic).  There is a Sephora across the street! Eeeeee! Because I carried all my bags on to the planes and had to meet the 3-1-1 limits, I had a need for some fragrance (and an excuse to go to Sephora), so I headed over.  A very helpful young lady helped me to select my signature fragrance, or the closest one that is available in carry-on-friendly rollerball format.  It seems to be Roberto Cavalli.  I wish I could just go shop and shop over there.

Oh! This makes me cry little tears of joy. :)

Surely there is a post office nearby that you could use to send things home. Or you could buy powder products. Like the new Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer, which is made with real cocoa and which engulfs you in an invisible scent cloud of sweet, sweet chocolate deliciousness when you put it on. Mmmmmm.....

Sorry. Got distracted for a minute. Anyway, go forth and buy stuff! And tell us all about it!

VP

chaosbydesign
"Are you alive?"
Member-Moderator

Whatever your problem is, it's probably my fault.

« Reply #2754 on: April 13, 2012, 10:36:59 PM »

I am in a lovely city.  As I peered out my hotel room window, I saw the most beautiful sight, and it wasn't the mountains (which were quite majestic).  There is a Sephora across the street! Eeeeee! Because I carried all my bags on to the planes and had to meet the 3-1-1 limits, I had a need for some fragrance (and an excuse to go to Sephora), so I headed over.  A very helpful young lady helped me to select my signature fragrance, or the closest one that is available in carry-on-friendly rollerball format.  It seems to be Roberto Cavalli.  I wish I could just go shop and shop over there.

Buy enough makeup/fragrances to justify purchasing a suitcase. Then you won't need to worry about the carry-on limits.

On Preview: I wasn't going to buy any more makeup this month myself, but I need that chocolate bronzer.

I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously sir. To which one are you referring? -- Spock
voxprincipalis
Member-Moderator

« Reply #2755 on: April 13, 2012, 10:38:29 PM »

On Preview: I wasn't going to buy any more makeup this month myself, but I need that chocolate bronzer.

Seriously, I tried to lick my own face.

VP

chaosbydesign
"Are you alive?"
Member-Moderator

« Reply #2756 on: April 13, 2012, 10:40:21 PM »

VP

You made me choke on my wine.

Is this product available in stores near me or will I have to purchase it online?

I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously sir. To which one are you referring? -- Spock
voxprincipalis
Member-Moderator

« Reply #2757 on: April 13, 2012, 10:49:39 PM »

VP

You made me choke on my wine.

Is this product available in stores near me or will I have to purchase it online?

It is available at Ulta. It is theoretically available at Sephora but I don't know if it's actually in-store yet.

VP

chaosbydesign
"Are you alive?"
Member-Moderator

« Reply #2758 on: April 13, 2012, 10:52:45 PM »

I might have to go shopping this weekend, then. I have 10 papers to read and an experiment to finish, but chocolate makeup is SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT.

(Uh, if people from ChaosU are reading this, I don't mean that... OK, maybe I do. Just a little bit.)

baleful_regards
Imperfect Uncertainty: Guardian of indecision is a

My magical seagull regards you balefully /\0/\

« Reply #2759 on: April 15, 2012, 11:56:25 AM »

This is a question about primers: I am currently using the Bare Escentuals  Prime time...and I like it quite a bit. It seems to hold things together on my skin for the day.

However, I've read good things about Too Faced, as well as Smashbox primers and wonder if it is worth it to switch over. I only use mineral makeups and don't want any tint in the primer. Silicone doesn't seem to bother my skin.

Combo skin, and I keep a good cleansing/moisturizing regime with the Collin Organic products.

I also just ordered the Concrete minerals eye primer ( and new shadows) as a treat for getting the TT position, so I am curious if others have tried their primer.

Trouble comes to everyone who dares to be a muse.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 335
  Print  

Jump to: