"favorite" student e-mails

<< < (4740/5905) > >>

krisanthe:
This is a new one for me. 

"Krisanthe, On June 15, during orientation, I scheduled my classes for freshman year.  I would like to confirm that all of my professors speak English.  Respond via email or phone."

I have no idea who this student is and she's not signed up for any classes in my department.

democritus:
Quote from: krisanthe on August 05, 2013,  8:14:07 am

"Krisanthe, On June 15, during orientation, I scheduled my classes for freshman year.  I would like to confirm that all of my professors speak English.  Respond via email or phone."

I have no idea who this student is and she's not signed up for any classes in my department.

Suggested response:

Aami tomake bujhte parchi naa!

That's Bengali for "I cannot understand you!"

nocurving:

"Krisanthe, On June 15, during orientation, I scheduled my classes for freshman year.  I would like to confirm that all of my professors speak English.  Respond via email or phone."

I can just see the complaint at the end of the semester:  " I failed because my professor cannot speak English."

polly_mer:
Quote from: nocurving on August 05, 2013,  8:31:02 am

I can just see the complaint at the end of the semester:  " I failed because my professor cannot speak English."

That's not as far fetched a complaint as one might think.  I took classes with people who cannot be characterized as being fluent in English.  I particularly remember one programming class that I only passed because I read the book and the guy's written English for the assignments was far better than his spoken English or his handwriting on the board.  That guy didn't get tenure, if I recall correctly.

However, that was far from the only time I took a class where a good chunk of the difficulty of the class was acquiring an ear for academic English spoken with a heavy accent or with word choices that were substantially different from academic English or the English spoken in my other communities.

theblondeassassin:
Quote from: nocurving on August 05, 2013,  8:31:02 am

"Krisanthe, On June 15, during orientation, I scheduled my classes for freshman year.  I would like to confirm that all of my professors speak English.  Respond via email or phone."

I can just see the complaint at the end of the semester:  " I failed because my professor cannot speak English."

Coucou, <studentname>!

Oui, certainment.

Cordialement,

krisanthe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page