• October 30, 2014
October 30, 2014, 11:14:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: For all you tweeters, follow The Chronicle on Twitter.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: credit reports for chairs and assoc. deans?  (Read 2125 times)
doombuggy

« on: November 19, 2012, 1:59:15 PM »

Hello.

I am an associate prof. with tenure at a large state school. I am looking to move into an administrative role in the next few years, but have one major concern.

After 12 years of marriage and decades of spotless credit, the marriage ended and I am forced to declare Chapter 7 bankruptcy. My spouse was arrested for domestic violence and I had to leave immediately. Going from 2 incomes to 1 rather abruptly was unmanageable and my spouse refuses to help or help maintain payment on our home, etc.

Will that eliminate me from consideration since fiscal responsibility is key in those roles?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.
simplesimon

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 5:21:42 PM »

No.
losemygrip
Not Very
Distinguished Senior Member

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 12:18:26 PM »

I doubt it, although my institution does a background check on all employees, and a credit check on anyone with a Purchasing Card.
aandsdean
I feel affirmed that I'm truly a 8,000+ post
Distinguished Senior Member

Positively impactful on stakeholder synergies

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 11:05:21 AM »

If they run a credit check they will probably ask you to explain, because of the issue of access to institutional funds.  But they should accept your explanation.

Que scay-je?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: