"favorite" student e-mails

<< < (4634/5686) > >>

quasicat:
Quote from: blackadder on February 27, 2013,  3:04:28 PM

Scabies!? How about "I have a temporarily contagious skin disorder." At least this person didn't come to class to tell you they were leaving due to illness, as mine frequently do.

Next time I am out sick, and have a sub, I am not telling them. They'll figure it out.

I know.  This is the the age of the over share.  I do not need to know your diagnosis.  Please, for the love of God.  Or just, I am contagious, so I can't be around people.  That would have been fine. 

melba_frilkins:
Quote from: quasicat on February 27, 2013,  3:05:10 PM

Quote from: theritas on February 27, 2013,  9:07:48 AM

Quote from: barcrossliar on February 26, 2013, 11:07:05 PM

Quote from: quasicat on February 26, 2013, 11:00:09 PM

Dear Quasi,

I am writing to let you know that I haven't been in class because I have scabies. 

Sweet merciful crap. 

I think the only possible reply is "THANK YOU"

First out loud laugh (on my part) from reading fora posts today.

Yes, but said student also has major problems showing up on time when she hasn't been out with infectious parasites.  I told her that she can come to class from here on out and she'll be ok. Not great but ok.  Campus has an attendance policy that I enforce especially because those that don't attend want extra attention and want me catch them up and other headaches from the land of a million excuses.  Granted, scabies is a pretty good excuse.  

Glad I made you laugh.  It freaked me out.  Heebee Jeebees.

It also made me laugh. I rarely laugh out loud while reading the fora alone.

Please tell your student: If it is any consolation to you, your case of scabies has brought some small pieces of unexpected joy to several random people out on the internet.

cajunmama:
Quote from: melba_frilkins on February 27, 2013,  4:55:56 PM

Quote from: quasicat on February 27, 2013,  3:05:10 PM

Quote from: theritas on February 27, 2013,  9:07:48 AM

Quote from: barcrossliar on February 26, 2013, 11:07:05 PM

Quote from: quasicat on February 26, 2013, 11:00:09 PM

Dear Quasi,

I am writing to let you know that I haven't been in class because I have scabies. 

Sweet merciful crap. 

I think the only possible reply is "THANK YOU"

First out loud laugh (on my part) from reading fora posts today.

Yes, but said student also has major problems showing up on time when she hasn't been out with infectious parasites.  I told her that she can come to class from here on out and she'll be ok. Not great but ok.  Campus has an attendance policy that I enforce especially because those that don't attend want extra attention and want me catch them up and other headaches from the land of a million excuses.  Granted, scabies is a pretty good excuse.  

Glad I made you laugh.  It freaked me out.  Heebee Jeebees.

It also made me laugh. I rarely laugh out loud while reading the fora alone.

Please tell your student: If it is any consolation to you, your case of scabies has brought some small pieces of unexpected joy to several random people out on the internet.

I laugh aloud when reading the fora alone, but my office mates come and go quietly so sometimes I have to be careful which threads I choose to read and stifle the urge to laugh aloud at other times.

caryatid:
I think this one might go into the hall of fame. Received at 4:30 in the morning, no salutation, no signature:

"again a acarzy changing erkk
i know have tio twork friday and thurdsy ....i caneled [detail omitted] tommoreow bv it id 5 =====4 15 an di eould need to get uo at 8=5....jut hasving somnia and bad dreams and stuff ...also hrevernt creadv about s ch9ool at all
lotsv ofvtypos"

A case of Ambien emailing?

melba_frilkins:
Quote from: caryatid on February 27, 2013,  7:58:52 PM

I think this one might go into the hall of fame. Received at 4:30 in the morning, no salutation, no signature:

"again a acarzy changing erkk
i know have tio twork friday and thurdsy ....i caneled [detail omitted] tommoreow bv it id 5 =====4 15 an di eould need to get uo at 8=5....jut hasving somnia and bad dreams and stuff ...also hrevernt creadv about s ch9ool at all
lotsv ofvtypos"

A case of Ambien emailing?

And certainly a salutation would have cleared the whole thing up.

Actually, it's remarkably interpretable. The only thing I really can't translate is "erkk", unless it is work?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page