<< < (16/32) > >>

frogfactory:
Quote from: fishprof on February 16, 2013,  6:40:02 PM

Quote from: frogfactory on February 16, 2013, 11:18:20 AM

Quote from: fishprof on February 15, 2013,  3:45:58 PM

Quote from: frogfactory on February 15, 2013,  3:40:39 PM

Quote from: funkypeanut on February 14, 2013, 10:55:39 PM

Quote from: gpfan on February 07, 2013,  9:11:13 PM

I just looked at the evals from the special topics course I taught last semester on certain early modern texts. One student complained that I should have taught more modern works because they would have been easier. Um,  yes, I'm sorry my class inconvenienced you by not being on a totally different topic.  I will attempt to improve that in the future.

o

I get this sort of thing, too. A few years ago I got one in my Roman Empire class that said that I could improve by "bringing it up to the modern times." Sorry, but sources on the modern Roman Empire are rather scarce.

It's just kids on mopeds being cool and saying "ciao" a lot.

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj3BZlgr-3E

Precisely.

Just saw Eddie live last night.  Brilliant, as usual.

No spoilerz - I have a ticket to see him in May.

quasicat:
Hands down the best student evaluation I ever received was last term:

"She taught us how to successfully analize essays."

Now, I'd like to think I really helped them break those suckers down, using extreme critical force and this was a vivid, violent image to describe my pedagogy. 

But I also know that this group were really poor spellers.   At least, they got the higher order thinking part down, right?

fishprof:
Quote from: frogfactory on February 16, 2013,  7:46:02 PM

Quote from: fishprof on February 16, 2013,  6:40:02 PM

Quote from: frogfactory on February 16, 2013, 11:18:20 AM

Quote from: fishprof on February 15, 2013,  3:45:58 PM

Quote from: frogfactory on February 15, 2013,  3:40:39 PM

Quote from: funkypeanut on February 14, 2013, 10:55:39 PM

Quote from: gpfan on February 07, 2013,  9:11:13 PM

I just looked at the evals from the special topics course I taught last semester on certain early modern texts. One student complained that I should have taught more modern works because they would have been easier. Um,  yes, I'm sorry my class inconvenienced you by not being on a totally different topic.  I will attempt to improve that in the future.

o

I get this sort of thing, too. A few years ago I got one in my Roman Empire class that said that I could improve by "bringing it up to the modern times." Sorry, but sources on the modern Roman Empire are rather scarce.

It's just kids on mopeds being cool and saying "ciao" a lot.

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj3BZlgr-3E

Precisely.

Just saw Eddie live last night.  Brilliant, as usual.

No spoilerz - I have a ticket to see him in May.

I promise, under penalty of death....or cake.

mountainguy:
My evals were very good for the most part. Several students complained that the class met at 8 o'clock in the morning. Not anything I can do about that.

capper:
Here's a recent one I received:  "capper is a chill dude...She has a cool purple shirt I like, too."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page