"favorite" student e-mails

<< < (4638/5686) > >>

democritus:
Quote from: mickeymantle on March 04, 2013,  4:24:18 PM

Good question.  Well, let's just say, without being too specific, that I have continually told Mr. AM to see me before or after class about the work in class (he claims he cannot make my office hours or make appointments at any other time.)  He did not, of course, take advantage of the opportunity.

Ah, he's one of those ones! Best of luck dealing with that.

mickeymantle:

Mr. AM did show up for class and for office hours after all.  Sometimes these students reveal more of a pathetic side--they are more unintentionally than intentionally offensive. 

ptarmigan:
This is mostly cute. She attached the homework.

Ms. Migan,
I will not be able to make it to class today; I wanted to make sure you got my homework though. Please let me know if there are any issues in loading the attached assignment... I can resend or leave the original copy at your office later on this evening when I get out of work.

Thank you for not hating me since I don't come to class regularly. I try to come as much as I am able to.

Always-Absent Student.

cgfunmathguy:
Quote from: ptarmigan on March 05, 2013,  4:12:23 PM

This is mostly cute. She attached the homework.

Ms. Migan,
I will not be able to make it to class today; I wanted to make sure you got my homework though. Please let me know if there are any issues in loading the attached assignment... I can resend or leave the original copy at your office later on this evening when I get out of work.

Thank you for not hating me since I don't come to class regularly. I try to come as much as I am able to.

Always-Absent Student.

Hey, this beats Jake (both of them, actually).

octoprof:
I'm not sure why this student sent this email:

Normally I enjoy conservation but with our class being strictly online I will settle for email.

So as I'm preparing to go take your second exam (and I don't get to see you in person) I figured I would just let you know that your last test gave me some of the worst test anxiety I've ever experienced. (Hence the 40%)
I believe this time my preparation and meditation have increased my chances. So with that being said, I'm determined to beat this. I'm nervous, but the light bulb is on.
Wish me luck.  :)

Mary Smith

She didn't have a question, I suppose. My exams apparently cause her great anxiety.  She's nervous but her lightbulb is on. OK...

Of course, she could have stopped by my office at anytime today for conversation (in addition to morning office hours, I stayed in the office all day working on other tasks).

Does she really expect me to email her back with "Good luck!"?  At 6:30pm? On the day of the exam? (they can take it anytime between 7:45am and 9pm (the testing center hours).

Odd.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page