• October 30, 2014
October 30, 2014, 2:21:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: For all you tweeters, follow The Chronicle on Twitter.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I list a senior fellowship on my CV?  (Read 6592 times)
slacwriter

« on: May 02, 2012, 2:53:33 PM »

So I have an appointment next year as a senior fellow at a research center at another institution. How do I list that on my CV? Under "Experience," as if it is a position held like my current job is? Under "Education," as if it is a programmatic aspect of my continued professional development (like a sort of continuing ed)? Or under "Honors, Awards, and Recognitions," as if it is like an award?
hegemony
Distinguished Senior Member

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 2:55:34 PM »

I put something similar under "Academic Positions Held."  Is that what you're titling "Experience"?  Maybe you could just retitle "Experience" to fit.

Tragedy tomorrow, comedy tonight.
slacwriter

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 3:23:37 PM »

Thanks, hegemony! Retitled the section "Academic Positions," added the fellowship, and moved some old positions to a new section, "Other Experience."
ruralguy
Super Duper Zillion Star Member
Distinguished Senior Member

Full Prof; STEM; SLAC; Rural US

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 12:00:09 PM »

I had something like this during a sabbatical, and now that I think of it, I never listed it anywhere, though it was clear that the Dean and
everybody else who mattered knew about it.

You can put it under your current employement, but make it clear that is simultaneous with, and not
instead of, your primary appointment.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: