"favorite" student e-mails

<< < (4666/5875) > >>

polly_mer:
Quote from: cajunmama on June 14, 2013,  7:54:17 am

I don't think so. He is ready academically for his chosen major but also wants to try out for football. Unfortunately, it would be nearly impossible for him to do both, so if he even made the team, he would have to choose one or the other at some point. I think he was unprepared for the amount of homework plus football workouts and made some poor choices. So, IMO, more of a maturity/decision making thing instead.

I advise these students and that's what I see.  The student is used to coasting in high school and doesn't believe that sports is 20+ hours a week and certain majors are 40+ hours a week, which means 60+ hours a week with little beyond school, sports, eating, and sleeping.

yemaya:
Football would be incompatible with my field.  We don't get a lot of hockey players either.

yemaya:
Why is it that the laziest students always expect instant feedback on their work?  I've received no fewer than 5 emails - two of them from the same student - demanding their grade for assignments they just turned in.  They can't get off their lazy, entitled butts all term and suddenly, now they expect me to drop everything?  Not. Bloody. Likely.

biomancer:
Quote from: yemaya on June 14, 2013, 11:52:09 am

Why is it that the laziest students always expect instant feedback on their work?  I've received no fewer than 5 emails - two of them from the same student - demanding their grade for assignments they just turned in.  They can't get off their lazy, entitled butts all term and suddenly, now they expect me to drop everything?  Not. Bloody. Likely.

They expect that it will take you as little time to grade the assignment as it took them to write it?

mystictechgal:
Quote from: biomancer on June 15, 2013, 10:01:30 pm

Quote from: yemaya on June 14, 2013, 11:52:09 am

They expect that it will take you as little time to grade the assignment as it took them to write it?

I expect that, in their cases, they might be right about that. (If you don't count the time to fill out the plagiarism paperwork.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page