• October 31, 2014
October 31, 2014, 10:47:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: Talk about how to cope with chronic illness, disability, and other health issues in the academic workplace.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Excuse me, where can seek advice to go abroad to study abroad  (Read 15450 times)
xiaocat

« on: December 15, 2011, 10:50:47 PM »

Don't recommend intermediary to me, I consulted a few home, they are concerned about the question of funds, funds are not enough to talk about not go down.
Can recommend reply fast BBS, this thing, to me, is very urgent.
Had better give me the phone number.
Looking forward to your replies, please, please, please everybody!!!!!!
citrine
Distinguished Senior Member

Beware the Annoying Bad Luck Snail

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 10:54:13 PM »

Where are you looking to study?
xiaocat

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 1:32:48 AM »

France
brixton

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 3:12:12 PM »

I'm sorry, based on this post, I'm having a really hard time figuring out what you're asking for.  Are you currently in the US? Doesn't your school have a study abroad program?  Is that the intermediary you're trying to avoid? Your title is probably the clearest query, but the actual vocabulary in the post like "intermediary" and "concerned about funds"  (Are you referring to your school?  Your family?  Whose funds are in question?) are mystifying. And then there is the issue of going down -- where?  to France?  to the study abroad program at a school?  Sorry, I'm just not following.   

If you want to go to France, and budget is no object (sort of what I'm getting here), I would say just get a ticket off the internet and go.  If you want to study abroad, you need to work through your study abroad office, because they're the ones that are accredited through your college... if you're at a college. 
ideagirl

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 7:41:11 PM »

France

If you speak and write French fluently, you can enroll in a French university directly and earn your degree there. It is extraordinarily INEXPENSIVE. But you must be FLUENT, and unless you're an EU citizen you must have enough money to live on without working while you're there (but the French consulate's definition of "enough to live on" is pretty low).

If you're not fluent, you can enroll in language programs (e.g., at the Sorbonne, or remotely via the CNED, Centre national d'enseignement a distance) and then seek to enroll at university once you're fluent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: