"favorite" student e-mails

<< < (4699/5686) > >>

theritas:
Quote from: marigolds on April 05, 2013, 10:21:21 AM

Ha. This one is cute!

Hello marigolds,

I have just put in my paper submission into the dropbox. I hope you are getting to feeling better. A couple weeks ago I caught the same thing you just had, and it was like something out of Dante.

Funny Student

It really was like something out of Dante.  (Which circle of hell looks like this?)

Oh my.  Awful.

delta_geek:
Oooo.  I had that once about 15 years ago.  Still gives me nightmares.

blood_sweat_tears:
My all-time favorite: "Thank you for your concern about my poor attendance. I have dropped out of university because I have realized life is more than going to classes. I am waiting until the end of the semester to move to Las Vegas to become a professional gambler."

polly_mer:
Update on students not showing up in my office:

I have a "flood" of students making appointments for today.  I wonder if the coaches have finally pressed enough of the buttons.

In a related funny coincidence, the conference call I had scheduled with a colleague has been bumped because she didn't know that she was scheduled for an appointment at the time that we had picked last week.  I found that out when I was checking my email five minutes before the call was supposed to start.

kshenko:
Quote from: polly_mer on April 05, 2013, 12:09:52 PM

... the conference call I had scheduled with a colleague has been bumped because she didn't know that she was scheduled for an appointment at the time that we had picked last week...

At least she was (probably) honest!  Last semester, a grad student missed a team research phone conference--and her excuse when I called her later that day was that she thought the call was at x:00 PM CST.  But the participants were ALL in the same area in the Eastern Time Zone...  Why would we set up a meeting based on CST?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page