"favorite" student e-mails

<< < (4503/5914) > >>

cgfunmathguy:
Quote from: llanfair on April 06, 2013,  3:09:30 pm

Quote from: yemaya on April 06, 2013,  8:30:57 am

My latest: A student who emailed me demanding that I provide PDFs of all the reading because s/he "can't afford" the reading.  I wrote back and said that the books were all under copyright and that was just not possible.

Bet she can afford that iPhone/car/daily low-fat latte with extra sprinkles.

B..bu..but life's not worth living without those things.

CG, whose phone cost $89, doesn't like coffee, and would get rid of his car if he could get work in another reasonably cheap way.

anakin:
Quote from: cgfunmathguy on April 06, 2013,  5:40:31 pm

My latest: A student who emailed me demanding that I provide PDFs of all the reading because s/he "can't afford" the reading.  I wrote back and said that the books were all under copyright and that was just not possible.

CG, whose phone cost $89, doesn't like coffee, and would get rid of his car if he could get work in another reasonably cheap way.

Pish posh. I don't have CABLE. I might as well be living in a cave eating cold pork and beans out of a can.

cgfunmathguy:
Quote from: anakin on April 06, 2013,  5:54:47 pm

Pish posh. I don't have CABLE. I might as well be living in a cave eating cold pork and beans out of a can.

That's next to go if the rate goes up again. And this is the way I've always pictured you, Anakin.

yemaya:
Quote from: cgfunmathguy on April 06, 2013,  6:08:30 pm

Quote from: anakin on April 06, 2013,  5:54:47 pm

That's next to go if the rate goes up again. And this is the way I've always pictured you, Anakin.

The student emailed me from a very expensive smart phone.  I'm sure that she'll decide that I was "not helpful" because I declined to scan several hundred pages of copyrighted material so that she didn't have to buy books.  Seriously...the book lists are released months in advance.  All five of the books combined can be had for about $70 if they planned a little bit in advance, and 2 of the books can be put off until later in the term.  A college degree (as we all know) is no guarantee of employment.  Why even enroll in college if you're unwilling to do any work?  At least at a real college? 

baleful_regards:
"Hey,

The article I want is from a members only section of the (specific organization) website. Can you give me your password?"

>brain implodes<

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page