• October 31, 2014
October 31, 2014, 1:35:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: For all you tweeters, follow The Chronicle on Twitter.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sony Touch Ereaders and PDFs  (Read 1820 times)
aliasme

« on: March 27, 2011, 1:12:25 PM »

I've been looking for an ereader for a while now. My biggest issue is reading and annotating/highlighting PDFs. I know the new kindle does that, but I don't like the interface (I'd rather use a stylus than a cursor). The upgraded Sony Touch (PRS 650s rather than the 600s) are said to have eliminated the glare of the touchscreen, but I've yet to find anyone with any experience with the 650 re: PDFs.

So, anyone on the fora with any experience/reviews here? I'm particularly interested in highlighting and transferring the highlighted PDF to a computer. Does that require the use of the Sony software, or can I use Calibre? Thanks in advance.
jackit_n_tyy
Post-apoptosis

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 12:15:19 AM »

This came up in another thread:  I think there are programs that do this, like Circus Ponies Notebook (for Mac or iPad).  But I don't think any of the eReaders do it.  I have the Barnes and Noble eReader, and was hoping it would apply to this.

May the roses rise to greet you.
daniel_von_flanagan
<redacted>
Distinguished Senior Member

Works all day. Posts all night. Needs sleep.

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 12:41:31 AM »

I've highlighted pdfs on a relative's PRS-600, this functionality is very good.  I don't know how well Calibre transfers the highlighting. - DvF

The U.S. Education Department is establishing a new national research center to study colleges' ability to successfully educate the country's growing numbers of academically underprepared administrators.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: