• November 1, 2014

Chronicle Forums

November 01, 2014, 4:23:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: For all you tweeters, follow The Chronicle on Twitter.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 04:04:17 AM 
Started by flylantern - Last post by flylantern
A very simple and an interesting question. Can we replace the use of explosives while we celebrate all our events, functions and festivals. I believe we have a very simple answer to this. We can replace.

Fly Lantern India manufactures best quality sky lanterns in India. Buy online premium Quality Sky Lanterns in India here.

As you know that Sky Lanterns are one of the cheapest eco-friendly ways of celebrating, Fly Lantern India has made it possible to sell Lowest priced Sky Lanterns in India.

Visit www.flylantern.in w

on: Today at 03:54:43 AM 
Started by rblcb - Last post by rblcb
http://www.sfi4.com/15051677/FREE

Looking for a REAL way to earn money online? Look no further. Get SFI—and get REAL results with a REAL and PROVEN company.

on: Today at 03:51:56 AM 
Started by ninazoe5 - Last post by ninazoe5
Religious experience in Israel the second one is when he announces what he called a new light revelation which essentially reserves of female members of the group for Koresh the new his new role as God's Son gave David unlimited power in the cold the lake so Diaberine many cult leaders he would use this power to sexually abuse members but the women have the card wouldn't be enough on David needed to fulfill his sexual needs with children I'm the people with whom David koreshhad sex range from very young %uh 13 %uh or so Bob through substantially older than that now there is no question that he was having sexual relations with underage children Laura with his unquestioned authority caress use sex tofulfil his own needs for power and adoration and while the children couldn't stand up for themselves the adults didn't protect them either David did have a relationship with other women some of which we know becomes he believed this when I accepted but I'm come to the held by anti-matter people a gun told him to do this on the parents of the children didn’t intervene for a variety of reasons part one is there were committed members solve this year’s subsumed under a greater drama have salvation in light of the impending and updates in the shadow of the coming apocalypse class oil and the other branch davidianseasily accepted David .
http://diaberinefacts.com/

on: Today at 03:03:40 AM 
Started by vardahilwen - Last post by history_grrrl
Hey, motherf***er. Next time you decide to post on RMP that the professor is a "failure as a teacher and a human being" who is smug, superior, and should be avoided "like ebola" and fired, why don't you ask yourself how you might have contributed to the failing grade on the work you submitted in your graduate course? You know: the work that met none of the criteria outlined in the assignment guidelines and demonstrated that you don't understand how to carry out the most rudimentary elements of research or even recognize what constitutes scholarly work in this field?

on: Today at 02:52:22 AM 
Started by octoprof - Last post by history_grrrl
I really did not expect to end up on this thread. But my mother, who recently turned 79, found a lump in her breast a few weeks ago. She just got her results; it is stage 1, slow-moving, caught early, and her doctor is very optimistic. She has a lumpectomy scheduled for December. When I heard her voice on my answering machine with the news, I burst into tears. Suddenly I understand why the words are so terrifying; they portend, potentially, such an imminent threat to life. She feels strong and confident, and so do I. But it's still scary. When I was younger, we had many years of estrangement. Now she is one of the most important people in my life. When I had open-heart surgery a few years ago, she came to Canada to be with me. It felt weird, at my age, to have my mother "take care of me," but it was such a relief to have her here. I really, really don't want to lose her. I'm so grateful to everyone here for creating this space.

on: Today at 02:17:21 AM 
Started by eddyman - Last post by eddyman
You both make good points, especially the fact that you can't be competitive for everything.  I agree that VAPs and adjuncting can give those ABDs the experience they need but I've also heard ABDs complain about having to take VAPs and adjunct after not having success in getting a job at seemingly less competitive SLACs.  I just wanted to explain why.

on: Today at 02:06:25 AM 
Started by see_wolf - Last post by skinnymargarita
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin

on: Today at 02:03:04 AM 
Started by pollinate - Last post by skinnymargarita
heresy

on: Today at 02:01:17 AM 
Started by see_wolf - Last post by skinnymargarita
green tea

on: Today at 01:49:20 AM 
Started by yoga123 - Last post by yoga123
Hello,

I am gonna apply for engineering tenure track positions soon, but still wondering how I can best present the three things below:

1. Many job announcements ask for at least three references. Is there any advantage of listing more than three references?  I guess I can get more than 3 strong references.

2. I am Co PI on several projects at the national lab I am working at.  Is there any disadvantage for listing the $ amount of these funding? The amount looks large, e.g., compared to typical amount that universities got for similar projects, but that's partly due to the large overhead rates at nat. labs. Also, there is a high chance I am gonna be able to get funding from nat. labs.  Should I rather let this known to the search committee at the application stage, e.g., in the research statement?

3. I am working on many projects, some I lead, some I only assist.  Some projects are relevant to the posting, but have not turned into publications yet as they are still ongoing. I feel listing them in the 'work experience' section on page #1 or 2 of the CV would be too much. Imagine 10+ projects, 3 sentences each.  A few CV listed them on the last page, just so that the reviewers can look into them if needed.  Do you think that's a good idea?

Any comments are appreciated!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10