Favorite student sentences, Fall 2012 edition

(1/118) > >>

dr_alcott:
Context: 200-level literature course. Some students don't seem to be doing the reading, so I give a quiz.

Quiz Question: After he escapes, what are Frederick Douglass' impressions of life in the the free states?

Answer: The masters there are much nicer to their slaves.

Another student's answer: I will be honest I tried to read but couldn't get in to it. I know this is a touchy subject.

llanfair:
Quote from: dr_alcott on August 31, 2012,  6:00:51 PM

Context: 200-level literature course. Some students don't seem to be doing the reading, so I give a quiz.

Quiz Question: After he escapes, what are Frederick Douglass' impressions of life in the the free states?

Answer: The masters there are much nicer to their slaves.

Another student's answer: I will be honest I tried to read but couldn't get in to it. I know this is a touchy subject.

Bless their hearts.

barcrossliar:
One of my students wrote to me about how she wanted help with her writing, specifically "concreting her ideas."

Entombment of her prose may be a reasonable option.

pedanterast:
Quote from: barcrossliar on September 03, 2012, 11:18:12 PM

One of my students wrote to me about how she wanted help with her writing, specifically "concreting her ideas."

Entombment of her prose may be a reasonable option.

It's not exactly "concreting," but you may want to consider hitting her upside the head with a brick.  I do realize that could be a career limiting move.

mountainguy:
"I want to be a a kindergarten teacher because it will give me very flexible hours and lots of time after school to spend with my own children"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page