Essay grades

(1/4) > >>

youngprodigy21:
Do you have A student who excessively complain about they As not being high enough ? For instance, you may encounter a student who is upset that his or her 98 isn't a 100 ?

How do you handle the situation ?

yellowtractor:
Quote from: youngprodigy on April 23, 2013, 10:39:12 PM

Do you have A student who excessively complain about they As not being high enough ? For instance, you may encounter a student who is upset that his or her 98 isn't a 100 ?

I stake them to the main academic quad, douse them with honey, and whistle up the ants.

prytania3:
I say, "Oh. Let me see. I might have made a mistake." Then I go through the paper and always find more errors and problems than I did on the first read, so I cross out the 98 and replace it with 82.

I always thank the student for bringing my mistake to my attention.

jellyfish:
Isn't a 98 still an A+? Hell, that's a gift, meaning near perfect. Most students can't even achieve that at their best.

baleful_regards:
Quote from: yellowtractor on April 23, 2013, 10:42:08 PM

Quote from: youngprodigy on April 23, 2013, 10:39:12 PM

I stake them to the main academic quad, douse them with honey, and whistle up the ants.

I may do this in the morning.

A majority of my students are hitting low B's on this batch of papers.

Fwiw, I have never handed out a perfect score.  A 99 once, but that was an extraordinary paper, as in Graduate level writing and analysis/synthesis of research.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page