The 5000 attempted bribe didn't work

(1/8) > >>

qrypt:
Instead, the student is going to jail.

It appears that the toy gun wasn't meant to be used; just a nasty little coincidence. 

theblondeassassin:
The going rate for attempted bribery was double that ten years ago ... perhaps that's a bad sign for UK former polytechnics?

daniel_von_flanagan:
Dissertations are graded on a point scale?

I believe that this is one of those "professional" programs created in order to separate international students from large chunks of money. The truly honest thing would have been to take the money and pass the student. - DvF

qrypt:
Quote from: daniel_von_flanagan on April 23, 2013, 11:50:13 AM

Dissertations are graded on a point scale?

I believe that this is one of those "professional" programs created in order to separate international students from large chunks of money. The truly honest thing would have been to take the money and pass the student. - DvF

I dunno.  We grade dissertations on a point scale as well, and we're hardly raking in the foreign dough.  Points scales in this context are merely a different sort of label; if I think "meh", I might go for a 58, but the 58 really just means "meh". 

bosola:
Are we talking British vs. American usage here?  A "dissertation" in the UK is something more like a Master's thesis in the States.  And a "thesis" in the UK is what we'd call a doctoral dissertation.  (I think!) The points scale makes more sense for what would be in effect just a rather long research essay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page