• October 31, 2014
October 31, 2014, 11:47:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: Talk online about your experiences as an adjunct, visiting assistant professor, postdoc, or other contract faculty member.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Civilize them  (Read 14072 times)
jackit
Uppity
Distinguished Senior Member

'Til the cows drive home.

« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2009, 12:09:55 PM »

Lately I've been considering--what factors have converged to shape the unfortunate personality of many academics--back-stabbing, militaristically-hierarchical, striving to elicit bad feelings (humiliation, self-doubt) in students.

In my own case, it was those 642 days I spent as a hostage to the last left-wing west-coast radical group (LLeWWCoRG).  I resisted their diabolical brain-washing techniques far beyond what a typical person could endure.  Now look at me.

coldsun

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2009, 1:07:49 PM »

In my own case, it was those 642 days I spent as a hostage to the last left-wing west-coast radical group (LLeWWCoRG).
I was in the feminist branch of LLeWWCorG. I think I must have subjected you to torture.  Now I just spend my days procrastinating and writing manifestos about the EAC (evil academic conspiracy).
timurid

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2009, 7:15:57 PM »

...with a Krag?
timurid

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2009, 8:06:05 PM »

OK, (assuming you get the very obscure historical reference) that last post was in poor taste considering current events this weekend. Just popped into my head when I saw the open-ended post title.
Juuust missed the delete timer.
:(
Apologies.
farm_boy
Professor Demeritus

recalcitrant and trollish loser

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2009, 12:33:24 PM »

Gee, someone apologizing in a forum??? 

Maybe there is hope for this world.

Screw you... You're not a troll. You're just posting pathetic jerkish, troll-wannabe, crap.  (mystictechgal, Member-Moderator)
jackit
Uppity

'Til the cows drive home.

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2009, 1:09:19 PM »

In my own case, it was those 642 days I spent as a hostage to the last left-wing west-coast radical group (LLeWWCoRG).
I was in the feminist branch of LLeWWCorG. I think I must have subjected you to torture.  Now I just spend my days procrastinating and writing manifestos about the EAC (evil academic conspiracy).

Weren't you the one with the Bell Hooks tattoo?

God, how I hated to see that tattoo.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 1:11:39 PM by jackit » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: