• October 30, 2014
October 30, 2014, 2:20:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: Talk about how to cope with chronic illness, disability, and other health issues in the academic workplace.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: teaching portfolio?  (Read 2147 times)
missprofessor

« on: May 03, 2012, 2:38:00 PM »

Hello All,

I'm sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I'm a little new to the interview process, and I had a question about an upcoming interview that I finally landed. So, all I have submitted so far is the usual - cv, cover letter, letters of rec - because, as I understood it, the teaching portfolio is something that gets saved for later in the process (so SC's don't have to dig through a bunch of them).

But here's my question -- do I just bring the teaching portfolio with me? Or do I arrange to get it to the search committee before hand?

And here's another one... how many copies do I need? I've been told there are 11 people that are going to be in the interview room. I'm thinking I should bring 1 copy for each person, so they can peruse as they'd like, but I don't know... maybe me showing up with an arm full of portfolios is a bad move.

Thank you so much for any advice.

melba_frilkins
Doing laundry.
Member-Moderator
Distinguished Senior Member

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 2:54:33 PM »

I have never created a teaching portfolio nor been asked to show one at any point in the application/interview process. The hiring committees I've been on have never requested one, either.

If you get an interview and they do want to view a portfolio, I assume they will let you know the particulars.

Light up the corners of your neighborhood with disco balls matched with dancing green and violet beams.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: