• October 31, 2014
October 31, 2014, 6:42:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: For all you tweeters, follow The Chronicle on Twitter.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Taking but never giving: replies/views ratios  (Read 14196 times)
mouseman
Oh dear, how did I become a
Distinguished Senior Member

The Validater/Validator-in-Chief

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 12:24:10 AM »

People just take and take and take, but do they ever think about giving back?  The answer is a big NO.  Because they just don't care, I tell you, they just don't care.

In the midst of the word he was trying to say,
In the midst of his laughter and glee,
He had softly and suddenly vanished away -- -
For the Snark was a Boojum, you see.
                                                  Lewis Carroll
melba_frilkins
Doing laundry.
Member-Moderator

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 2:43:56 AM »

Is this thread about cupcakes?

Light up the corners of your neighborhood with disco balls matched with dancing green and violet beams.
theritas

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 11:49:03 AM »

People just take and take and take, but do they ever think about giving back?  The answer is a big NO.  Because they just don't care, I tell you, they just don't care.

I thought that was the honey badger.
yellowtractor
Vice-Provost of the University of the South-East Corner of Donkeyshire (formerly Donkeyshire Polytechnic) (a Post-1992 University) and also a

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 3:29:22 PM »

17 posts from incomprehensible newbie digression to honey badger!  We have a winner!

It is, of course, possible that what I remember as terror was only a love too great to bear.
elimba75

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 9:31:29 AM »

So funny replies ...

Anyway, that's a good beginning.

Keep on.
elimba75

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2012, 9:35:03 AM »

Thanks for your input.

"It was pointed out to you on another thread."   To me ?   Humm...  How could that be ?

Well, if you would check the one other thread to which you've posted, you would have your answer.  Both VP & conjugate replied to you there.

In the future, please don't violate the terms of service and invest a little time in getting to know a virtual community before criticizing it.

@anisogamy.   I thought stalking others was forbidden in this forum. It seems like I am not the only one who did not read the terms of service.
tinyzombie
She of the Badass Abs, and a

elevate from this point on - chuck d

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2012, 10:15:32 AM »

Thanks for your input.

"It was pointed out to you on another thread."   To me ?   Humm...  How could that be ?

Well, if you would check the one other thread to which you've posted, you would have your answer.  Both VP & conjugate replied to you there.

In the future, please don't violate the terms of service and invest a little time in getting to know a virtual community before criticizing it.

@anisogamy.   I thought stalking others was forbidden in this forum. It seems like I am not the only one who did not read the terms of service.

Understanding fail. Your posts are connected to your username, and anyone who is logged in can read them. It's not stalking: it's doing research. Learn the difference.

Quote from: usukprof
I think we have three of them, but the smallest one seems to be the leader.
Quote from: dolljepopp
Who needs real life when Sandra Bullock is around?
Quote from: systeme_d_
You are all my people, and I love you.
untenured
On far too many committees
Member-Moderator

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2012, 10:34:05 AM »

Does anyone else think that emibla75's posts are possibly a ruse to post spam?  Emibla75 has five posts so far, either useless or incendiary.  The 'real' purpose might be to post that dissertation aggregation website the emibla75 put in another thread.

If I really wanted to spread spam, here's what I'd do.  Write four or five garbage posts or better ones that get a reaction so they are less likely to be deleted and thus claim legitimacy. After I do that, then I post the spam I really came here to spread - that link to the dissertation website.

This individual appears completely clueless about forum participation, yet emibla75 is sophisticated enough to use a "bit.ly" link to the dissertation aggregation site she promotes as very very good.  And her/his/its other posts are basically generic, let alone literate.

Quote from: kedves link=topic=56697.msg1152543#msg1152543
You are among the Pure and Truthful, however small their Number.
My goodness, that was an exceptionally good analysis of the forum.
yellowtractor
Vice-Provost of the University of the South-East Corner of Donkeyshire (formerly Donkeyshire Polytechnic) (a Post-1992 University) and also a

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2012, 2:08:38 PM »

My lilacs survived the late spring frost, but my azaleas were curtailed.  I regret the curtailment.

It is, of course, possible that what I remember as terror was only a love too great to bear.
anisogamy
Inordinately pleased to be a

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2012, 2:12:33 PM »

Thanks for your input.

Understanding fail. Your posts are connected to your username, and anyone who is logged in can read them. It's not stalking: it's doing research. Learn the difference.

Wow, stalking requires so much less investment (of time and interest) than I would have assumed!

A little compassion is better than kicking people when they are down, regardless of who has suffered more and longer or whose bad job market has the biggest dick.
melba_frilkins
Doing laundry.
Member-Moderator

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2012, 2:13:30 PM »

My lilacs survived the late spring frost, but my azaleas were curtailed.  I regret the curtailment.

But the real question is how are your peonies coming along?

Light up the corners of your neighborhood with disco balls matched with dancing green and violet beams.
yellowtractor

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2012, 2:21:50 PM »

But the real question is how are your peonies coming along?

Thank you for asking.  They are coming along nicely--I didn't see any frost damage.  Peonies don't generally bloom until mid-to-late May here.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: