• October 30, 2014
October 30, 2014, 9:49:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: Talk online about your experiences as an adjunct, visiting assistant professor, postdoc, or other contract faculty member.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: One more REF question  (Read 4975 times)
observer3

« on: April 05, 2012, 12:59:09 AM »

So if a job move takes place, at what point does a person count at the "new" department instead of the old? Is it that you just are on the payroll as of Dec 31 2013? Would it be possible to join the payroll on Dec 1, or is there some rule about this?
drscot

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 3:29:29 AM »

The REF census date - the date by which you will need to be in any new post - is 31st October 2013.

More information is available here: http://www.hefce.ac.uk/research/ref/timetable/

DrS.
observer3

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 8:10:47 AM »

Ok, good to know. So no funny stuff about gaming the date? The last time there was the rae somehow my dept managed to "hang on" to a few people who had left in October for rae purposes. I don't know how they did that. Maybe they changed that possibility?
wegie
Unemployed & unemployable
Distinguished Senior Member

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 8:38:00 AM »

Ok, good to know. So no funny stuff about gaming the date? The last time there was the rae somehow my dept managed to "hang on" to a few people who had left in October for rae purposes. I don't know how they did that. Maybe they changed that possibility?

The rules seem pretty clear that the department in possession of your body (and more importantly, your contract of employment) on the census date gets all of your output.

babbinacara

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 1:40:16 PM »

We will be gaming the system by extending the contracts of a few staff, who are supposed to retire in September 2013, through December 2013. But these are not staff who are going to another institution, so that much gaming seems acceptable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: