• November 1, 2014
November 01, 2014, 8:39:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: Talk online about your experiences as an adjunct, visiting assistant professor, postdoc, or other contract faculty member.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Puzzled-University of Tabuk  (Read 8439 times)
anemkilam

« on: February 02, 2012, 7:37:08 PM »

Hi thought I should share with you guys my experience of dealing with the Univ of Tabuk in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. I applied for the faculty position advertised in the chronicles job forum. After few days I got an e.mail saying that I have been shortlisted for an interview via skype. They asked my skype ID and other relevan information after. I duly provided all the requested information. After 2 weeks I got another e.mail from them saying that my experience and expertise are not compatible with existing available faculty opportunities at the University of Tabuk???
I wonder why they told me in the earlier e.mail that I have been shortlisted and selected for an interview.

Anybody has similar experience?
anemkilam

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 2:26:24 AM »

By the way I forgot to mention that I was never interviewed.
rainbowprof

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 12:53:54 AM »

they are a puzzle. They first offered me a position as a language instructor with entry level conditions of about $4000 per month and benefits, but their contract offered to employ me as an associate professer with more generous perks and allowances. I didn't even negotiate. I wonder how I'd go if I asked for a better deal:-) I think the location seems appealing- 125 kms to the Red Sea, not far to Madain Saleh, short drive to Jordan, etc. And temperated climate because of the altitude. Could be worse, n'est-ce pas?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: