• October 31, 2014
October 31, 2014, 3:46:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: For all you tweeters, follow The Chronicle on Twitter.

Pages: 1 ... 1569 1570 [1571] 1572 1573 ... 2336
  Print  
Author Topic: Only really exciting posts  (Read 2570221 times)
baleful_regards
Imperfect Uncertainty: Guardian of indecision is a
Distinguished Senior Member

My magical seagull regards you balefully /\0/\

« Reply #23550 on: May 06, 2012, 5:39:56 PM »

When one reads five or more pages of this thread in one sitting, one develops a quiet appreciation for the range of unexciting things occurring in the lives of forumites.

I think of this as the Zen of the fora.

Trouble comes to everyone who dares to be a muse.
compdoc

« Reply #23551 on: May 06, 2012, 5:57:08 PM »

I purchased a mirror today. A huge gigantic mirror. A mirror that one can see one's whole body in. This would be overly exciting for this thread except for the fact that there are several mirrors in the house in which I can see my whole body.

The mirror was purchased for my husband (who is 7 inches taller than I am), to remove one of his continual complaints about living in the house in New Tt-town.

If I can fix the other one, it will be too exciting for the thread, so I will have to post it somewhere else.
frogfactory
Totally Metal

« Reply #23552 on: May 06, 2012, 5:58:52 PM »

I purchased a mirror today. A huge gigantic mirror. A mirror that one can see one's whole body in. This would be overly exciting for this thread except for the fact that there are several mirrors in the house in which I can see my whole body.

The mirror was purchased for my husband (who is 7 inches taller than I am), to remove one of his continual complaints about living in the house in New Tt-town.

If I can fix the other one, it will be too exciting for the thread, so I will have to post it somewhere else.

For some reason I thought you were a straight male I'd seen on the LHC.  Apparently my wires were crossed.  How  exciting!

At the end of the day, sometimes you just have to masturbate in the bathroom.
usukprof
Not sure he's been around long enough to really be a
Member-Moderator

« Reply #23553 on: May 06, 2012, 7:07:17 PM »

I have never eaten 7 layer salad. I assume that lettuce is one of the layers.

Lettuce, chopped sweet onion, raw peas, shredded cheddar, chopped hard-boiled eggs, chopped cooked bacon, covered with a layer of Miracle Whip.  Refrigerate several hours or overnight; better the second or third day.  I could mention that I added an 8th layer of grated Parmesean, but that might well take us out of the realm of this thread.

Dr. Alcott, you're absolutely right.

One of our seven layers is different from yours.  Good thing that's not exciting.

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.  --Dean Vernon Wormer
london1
Singin' Songs of the 70s in my Car, I'm Still a

Just for a moment I was back at school...

« Reply #23554 on: May 06, 2012, 7:26:17 PM »

7 layer salad sounds very good.  I don't rule it to be too exciting for this thread, but it is close. 

I am drinking a glass of water.

"Years ago my mother used to say...in this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.  Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant...."
   - Elwood P. Dowd
llanfair
Still reading past her bedtime and Very

Whither Canada?

« Reply #23555 on: May 06, 2012, 7:27:19 PM »

I have just installed a hook and eye latch on the bathroom door. I don't know whether the annoying cat behavior that prompted this is suitable to the thread or not.

Try us and see.

Llanfair, curious

Stop looking for zebras when the horse is already standing on your foot.
ab_grp
doing the best imitation of myself as a

« Reply #23556 on: May 06, 2012, 7:59:07 PM »

Careful, Llanfair.  You know what curiosity does to cats (especially ones who are being annoying). <unexciting wink>

Quote from: bread_pirate_naan
You are a genius. 

There is apparently no joy in life that mathematicians will not attempt to dessicate with the dry, hot air of statistical analysis. -anonymous commenter
llanfair
Still reading past her bedtime and Very

Whither Canada?

« Reply #23557 on: May 06, 2012, 7:59:53 PM »

Careful, Llanfair.  You know what curiosity does to cats (especially ones who are being annoying). <unexciting wink>

But the satisfaction will bring me back, Ab_Grp.  So it's worth it.

Stop looking for zebras when the horse is already standing on your foot.
wet_blanket
Some kind of

« Reply #23558 on: May 06, 2012, 8:54:20 PM »

I would quite like a slice of cake, preferably chocolate.

Let us let wet_blanket have the last word.
yellowtractor
Vice-Provost of the University of the South-East Corner of Donkeyshire (formerly Donkeyshire Polytechnic) (a Post-1992 University) and also a

« Reply #23559 on: May 06, 2012, 8:59:38 PM »

BZZZZT!  (WB.  I mean, really.  Chocolate on OREP??  Even as an aspiration.  Get ahold of yourself!)

I, on the other hand, have three pens but only two tops.  They are all made of plastic.

There is a possibility that the third top is somewhere under the desk.

It is, of course, possible that what I remember as terror was only a love too great to bear.
usukprof
Member-Moderator

« Reply #23560 on: May 06, 2012, 9:01:04 PM »

BZZZZT!  (WB.  I mean, really.  Chocolate on OREP??  Even as an aspiration.  Get ahold of yourself!)

I, on the other hand, have three pens but only two tops.  They are all made of plastic.

Just don't let us in on the excitement if you find it.

yellowtractor
Vice-Provost of the University of the South-East Corner of Donkeyshire (formerly Donkeyshire Polytechnic) (a Post-1992 University) and also a

« Reply #23561 on: May 06, 2012, 9:03:20 PM »

Just don't let us in on the excitement if you find it.

No no, it is precisely this sort and level of excitement that OREP archives, for posterity.

If, on the other hand, I find a piece of chocolate cake under my desk, I shall certainly not post about it here.

It is, of course, possible that what I remember as terror was only a love too great to bear.
usukprof
Member-Moderator

« Reply #23562 on: May 06, 2012, 9:07:12 PM »

When one reads five or more pages of this thread in one sitting, one develops a quiet appreciation for the range of unexciting things occurring in the lives of forumites.

I think of this as the Zen of the fora.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

london1
Singin' Songs of the 70s in my Car, I'm Still a

Just for a moment I was back at school...

« Reply #23563 on: May 06, 2012, 9:14:13 PM »

Last week's mail has been sorted and read. Most of it ended up in the recycling bin.

"Years ago my mother used to say...in this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.  Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant...."
   - Elwood P. Dowd
wet_blanket
Some kind of

« Reply #23564 on: May 06, 2012, 9:18:52 PM »

Objection!  I am certain chocolate has been mentioned on this thread - the eating thereof, even - without eliciting a BZZZZT.  Further, I am destined to remain cakeless tonight, therby cementing this whole experience as thoroughly unexciting.

Of course, some would question the appropriateness of a buzzer on this thread in the first place.  Not me, you understand, but some people.

Let us let wet_blanket have the last word.
Pages: 1 ... 1569 1570 [1571] 1572 1573 ... 2336
  Print  

Jump to: