• November 1, 2014
November 01, 2014, 2:21:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: Talk about how to cope with chronic illness, disability, and other health issues in the academic workplace.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does SC give "hints" to the top candidate during an interview?  (Read 10005 times)
gbrown

« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2012, 5:08:13 PM »

Okay--this is an oddity and I don't think this will ever (ever!) happen again in my lifetime. I was interviewing for my first t/t job (after adjuncting for 6 years). SC and chair acted very enthusiastic. As I was checking out with HR staff, the head of the SC tracked me down and offered me the job on the spot. This was a very odd little CC in a town that was tanking when their main industry was shutting down, putting the whole town out of work... so eventually I did not accept the offer, but *dang* it was weird. Of course, nothing like that ever happened again... like I said, very strange.

"Oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will achieve total consciousness. So I got that going for me, which is nice." Caddyshack
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: