• November 1, 2014
November 01, 2014, 4:27:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: For all you tweeters, follow The Chronicle on Twitter.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: The last week of class can bite me.  (Read 23654 times)
chaosbydesign
"Are you alive?"
Member-Moderator
Distinguished Senior Member

Whatever your problem is, it's probably my fault.

« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2012, 9:08:51 PM »

I'll have to look into that.

I ended up doing something with my non-work project after all. It was fun.

I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously sir. To which one are you referring? -- Spock
palla

« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2012, 9:45:34 PM »

I am spending the weekend watching TV.

This sounds like a good idea. I don't have cable, but I might see if I can get all the episodes of Mad Med that I haven't seen yet off iTunes.

I don't actually have a TV.  If you have a prime Amazon membership, a lot of their instant videos are free.

if you don't, you should.  It's a free perk for the first year if you register with them as a student.

Really?  That is great information.  I am going to have to pass that along to my sister.  She will appreciate it, so thank you!
daedalus
Does it matter that I'm a

« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2012, 3:58:12 AM »

Hate to continue derailing the thread, but I'm on my third "free" Prime membership.  Most unis either let you change your .edu address (or set up an alias), or just have multiple emails (for example, I can be reached at daedalus@servername.daedU.edu, daedalus@daedU.edu, and daedalus@mydept.daedU.edu, aside from any personal aliases).  You just sign up again, and you get Prime (sans the Kindle library, which is only for paying Prime members).

Don't borrow trouble and don't spend the weekend imagining the worst.
sciencegrad
The youngest

« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2012, 12:55:34 AM »

Hate to continue derailing the thread, but I'm on my third "free" Prime membership.  Most unis either let you change your .edu address (or set up an alias), or just have multiple emails (for example, I can be reached at daedalus@servername.daedU.edu, daedalus@daedU.edu, and daedalus@mydept.daedU.edu, aside from any personal aliases).  You just sign up again, and you get Prime (sans the Kindle library, which is only for paying Prime members).

This is brilliant.  I knew something good would come out of the fact that my university gave me two email addresses!

"Persons of good sense, I have since observed, seldom fall into [argument], except lawyers, university men, and men of all sorts that have been bred at Edinborough." -Benjamin Franklin
lohai0

« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2012, 12:59:56 AM »

This is brilliant.  I knew something good would come out of the fact that my university gave me two email addresses!

I thought my university was the only one who did such a silly thing.

I hate helicopter zombie grandparents. They are the worst.
chaosbydesign
"Are you alive?"
Member-Moderator

« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2012, 9:20:26 AM »

I have multiple university email addresses too.

I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously sir. To which one are you referring? -- Spock
usukprof
Not sure he's been around long enough to really be a
Member-Moderator

« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2012, 9:47:57 AM »

Same here; in the US one for the department I use for class correspondence and one for my research institute I use for research correspondence, and then I have a .ac.uk address as well.

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.  --Dean Vernon Wormer
tinyzombie
She of the Badass Abs, and a

elevate from this point on - chuck d

« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2012, 9:58:05 AM »

I thought my university was the only one who did such a silly thing.

All of the ones I know do this silly thing. This Amazon thing is the only utility I've ever found for it.

Quote from: usukprof
I think we have three of them, but the smallest one seems to be the leader.
Quote from: dolljepopp
Who needs real life when Sandra Bullock is around?
Quote from: systeme_d_
You are all my people, and I love you.
chaosbydesign
"Are you alive?"
Member-Moderator

« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2012, 9:58:41 AM »

Same here; in the US one for the department I use for class correspondence and one for my research institute I use for research correspondence, and then I have a .ac.uk address as well.

I have different email addresses that send mail to one inbox (so cbd@chaosu.edu, cbd@cu.edu, cbd@xmail.chaosu.edu and cbd@zmail.chaosu.edu all go to the same inbox). I may also get another one soon. I only give out one email address to people to make things simpler, and I'm not exactly sure what the point of having all the different emails is, unless it's to increase the chances of email actually getting to me if people f*ck up the address.

sciencegrad
The youngest

« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2012, 11:03:41 AM »

The finals are done!  All three went much better than I expected.  I'm pretty sure I'll get Bs in two of them due to poor midterm scores, but I'm hoping for an A in the third one.

"Persons of good sense, I have since observed, seldom fall into [argument], except lawyers, university men, and men of all sorts that have been bred at Edinborough." -Benjamin Franklin
chaosbydesign
"Are you alive?"
Member-Moderator

« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2012, 11:09:51 AM »

Yay, ScienceGrad!

I have all my results now, A's and one B+. I'm happy with that, and even more happy that there are no more classes until fall.

lohai0

« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2012, 11:19:57 AM »

I have different email addresses that send mail to one inbox (so cbd@chaosu.edu, cbd@cu.edu, cbd@xmail.chaosu.edu and cbd@zmail.chaosu.edu all go to the same inbox). I may also get another one soon. I only give out one email address to people to make things simpler, and I'm not exactly sure what the point of having all the different emails is, unless it's to increase the chances of email actually getting to me if people f*ck up the address.

They told us it was an issue with Banner.

I hate helicopter zombie grandparents. They are the worst.
anisogamy
Inordinately pleased to be a

« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2012, 1:46:55 PM »

All papers are turned in and classes are over.  Tonight I have my final presentation for my group culminating project from my very last degree.  I promise, I'm really not going back for another. 

I am really, really looking forward to tomorrow.

A little compassion is better than kicking people when they are down, regardless of who has suffered more and longer or whose bad job market has the biggest dick.
sciencegrad
The youngest

« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2012, 2:59:17 PM »

Well I ended up getting a B in the class in which I was expecting an A.  But I also passed the course with the bad midterm grade.  Funny how a B in one case feels like a huge letdown and a cause for celebration in another.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: