• October 31, 2014
October 31, 2014, 4:46:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: For all you tweeters, follow The Chronicle on Twitter.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Birmingham Uni - info  (Read 4254 times)
socsciprof99

« on: April 17, 2012, 6:40:53 PM »

Has any one heard anything good or bad about the social sciences college at Birmingham Uni or the Uni overall in terms of management style/approach?! I know their research/teaching quality is okay but more in terms of what sort of place it is to work.

Thank you!
qrypt
Qryptacular & not really a Member-Moderator
Distinguished Senior Member

I just LOVE that VOICE. It's so NICE

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 5:06:15 AM »

Try to learn about what happened to Sociology a few years ago.  I'm not going to post in detail about it myself (not even by PM) because there is a <redacted -- Q> (no longer employed there) who tends to cause problems for people who fail to tell the story in a certain way.  

Possibly it's all water under the bridge anyway.  But it was a pretty shameful episode.  
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 5:08:09 AM by qrypt » Logged

"Kick ass! If somebody tries to stop the march to democracy, we will seek them out and kill them! Our will is being tested, but we are resolute. We have a better way. Stay strong! Stay the course! Kill them! Be confident! We are going to wipe them out! We are not blinking!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: