• October 30, 2014
October 31, 2014, 12:53:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: Talk about how to cope with chronic illness, disability, and other health issues in the academic workplace.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Personal Shopper Bot?  (Read 3460 times)
melba_frilkins
Doing laundry.
Member-Moderator
Distinguished Senior Member

« on: April 17, 2012, 12:16:49 AM »

There's a pair of shoes that I really really want. However, I'm holding out for them to go on sale. The particular brand (Dansko) hardly ever goes on sale, per se, but you can get lucky with clearance or factory seconds. The trouble is trying to catch those shopping opportunities.

So, on to the technology question: is there a website out there where you can enter the make and model of a particular product and it will send you updates when it finds that item at a lower price?

If yes, where/what is it?

If no, why does such a thing not exist? And can I patent it?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 12:17:12 AM by melba_frilkins » Logged

Light up the corners of your neighborhood with disco balls matched with dancing green and violet beams.
daniel_von_flanagan
<redacted>

Works all day. Posts all night. Needs sleep.

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 1:32:06 AM »

You could try www.priceprotectr.com - DvF

The U.S. Education Department is establishing a new national research center to study colleges' ability to successfully educate the country's growing numbers of academically underprepared administrators.
systeme_d_

No T, no shade. Usually.

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 2:03:17 AM »

If you are not averse to shopping on eBay, that function is known as "saved searches" on that site, and can be found on any user's "My eBay" page.

melba_frilkins
Doing laundry.
Member-Moderator

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 1:02:51 AM »

Thank you both, I'll look into those.

Light up the corners of your neighborhood with disco balls matched with dancing green and violet beams.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: