• November 1, 2014
November 01, 2014, 7:08:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: Talk online about your experiences as an adjunct, visiting assistant professor, postdoc, or other contract faculty member.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF, Arizona (and you thought Texas was bad)  (Read 12468 times)
chicago_48

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 12:07:10 PM »

AZ has, in my opinion, been the craziest state for a very very long time. Remember, Barry Goldwater came from there and the state did not officially recognize Martin Luther King Day until, was it 2007? (anyway, a long time after other states had adopted the holiday).

I've been there once, in the mid-1990s and I will never go back.
Maybe a big old boycott of these states that are ass-backwards is in order.
cranefly
Distinguished Senior Member

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 7:19:32 AM »

If they want to hire more conservatives, does this mean we'll all get paid more? How will they attract conservatives willing to sacrifice for the greater good of humanity (i.e. teach)?

Oh yeah--Professor Sparkle Pony. "Follow your dreams, young genius, and you will meet with success!" Students eat that up.
helpful

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 9:44:00 AM »

I hear Arizona is trying to pass a law making it legal to conceal weapons on campus.

Professor: You get an F in this class.
Student: Bang!|
cgfunmathguy
Beer-brewing

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 3:23:07 PM »

If they want to hire more conservatives, does this mean we'll all get paid more? How will they attract conservatives willing to sacrifice for the greater good of humanity (i.e. teach)?
Some of us already do that.

Alas, greatness and meaning are rarely coterminous with popular familiarity.
betty_p
Pissed off and wistful

Ooh! Piece o' candy.

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 8:41:09 PM »

In the spirit of Laying off of Texas, I bring you the asshattery that is the Arizona Legislature, and its proposed bill to make the use of foul language in a college classroom illegal.

No, seriously.

So, then, no American literature at all in Arizona?

I guess they can cover contact up to but not including Whitman...maybe...after that, all bets are off.

Just today I pronounced four of George Carlin's Seven Dirty Words, and also "n*****." And that's just from reading key passages of Morrison's Song of Solomon aloud.

But I'm not bitter.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: