• October 31, 2014
October 31, 2014, 2:48:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: Talk about how to cope with chronic illness, disability, and other health issues in the academic workplace.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: When will Spring be sprung?  (Read 110639 times)
science_expat
Science Expat. Just pretending to be a somewhat
Distinguished Senior Member

« Reply #135 on: May 06, 2012, 2:53:39 PM »

When did we have good weather in April?  BBC said something like "coldest April in 23 years".  

And the wettest in the past century.

Ours wasn't too bad. And I spent a couple of hours sitting out in the sun this afternoon - in a t'shirt.

"Continue to speak truth to power and try to provoke evidence-based debate and decision-making. The holders of power will not like it and your career trajectory will not rise as high as you wish, but you will retain your professional integrity and the respect of those people whom you also respect."
wegie
Unemployed & unemployable

« Reply #136 on: May 06, 2012, 4:30:51 PM »

When did we have good weather in April?  BBC said something like "coldest April in 23 years".  

And the wettest in the past century.

Ours wasn't too bad. And I spent a couple of hours sitting out in the sun this afternoon - in a t'shirt.

We reached the giddy heights of 9C here this afternoon. Sitting out in a teeshirt would have been and invitation to hypothermia.
science_expat

« Reply #137 on: May 06, 2012, 4:50:52 PM »

In the sun this time of year, and out of the wind, 9 is pushing t'shirt weather...

"Continue to speak truth to power and try to provoke evidence-based debate and decision-making. The holders of power will not like it and your career trajectory will not rise as high as you wish, but you will retain your professional integrity and the respect of those people whom you also respect."
drspouse

« Reply #138 on: May 06, 2012, 5:20:42 PM »

When did we have good weather in April?  BBC said something like "coldest April in 23 years". 

When I were a lass...

No, really, I distinctly remember wearing my school summer clothes at the end of the Spring term i.e. in April, several years. Probably for 1 day, though.
scotia

« Reply #139 on: May 07, 2012, 6:49:21 AM »

Gah. It is a holiday for most of the population. The sun is shining. It is not a holiday for me. And after today - or even by this evening - the weather forecast is not inspiring.
science_expat

« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2012, 6:56:20 AM »

Gah. It is a holiday for most of the population. The sun is shining. It is not a holiday for me. And after today - or even by this evening - the weather forecast is not inspiring.

Piss miserable here. It's a day for a warm pub with a coal fire and a bunch of mates. Food, drink, good craic...

Alas, I too am working - albeit at home on a proposal with a near future deadline.

expatinuk
Has spent over 1000 pounds but now holds a Brit passport!

From SC living in UK ...on an adventure in Dubai

« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2012, 5:49:08 AM »

A tornado??? Really????... come on this is ENGLAND! Mother Nature is going wacko and is in serious need of some meds!

Expatinuk seems to be a Soviet Satellite in stationary orbit over the UK

It is what it is.
wegie

« Reply #142 on: May 08, 2012, 10:31:14 AM »

They're actually quite common in England, just usually very small and short lived.
expatinuk

« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2012, 11:20:12 AM »

They're actually quite common in England, just usually very small and short lived.

Tell that to the Balti Triangle in Brum....

It is what it is.
expatinuk

« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2012, 11:21:30 AM »

BTW... I used to live in northwestern Looz-e-anna... got some real tornadoes there... I also had some really stupid students who used to go chase them.

It is what it is.
science_expat

« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2012, 9:31:40 AM »

A friend (in England) and I have decided that Spring has Sprung, Summer has Flown, and we're now into Autumn.

What do you think?

<SE, curled up in front of a lovely fire>

wegie

« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2012, 11:08:31 AM »

A friend (in England) and I have decided that Spring has Sprung, Summer has Flown, and we're now into Autumn.

What do you think?

At the moment, I'm inclined to believe that we've been teleported to a water world . . .
expatinuk

« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2012, 4:13:22 PM »

What do you think?

At the moment, I'm inclined to believe that we've been teleported to a water world . . .

One where the heir to the throne moonlights as a weatherman.

Oh, the images of USA 1970s weathermen just pop to mind... LOL

It is what it is.
scotia

« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2012, 5:01:27 PM »

What do you think?

A temperature of 6C suggests that we may have passed through Autumn too. It has definitely been a touch damp here for the last few hours, but someone seems to have turned the tap off, if only temporarily.

One where the heir to the throne moonlights as a weatherman.

Oh, the images of USA 1970s weathermen just pop to mind... LOL

Moonlighting weathermen? I really do need to pay more attention to the news......
expatinuk

« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2012, 3:24:02 AM »

There is a suspicious yellow thing lurking outside my window. I *think* it may be... THE ALIEN!!!!

It is what it is.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to: