• October 31, 2014
October 31, 2014, 8:27:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: For all you tweeters, follow The Chronicle on Twitter.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AWOL unread/recent posts links  (Read 10970 times)
anisogamy
Inordinately pleased to be a
Distinguished Senior Member

« on: March 06, 2012, 10:55:26 PM »

Did everyone's "recent unread posts" and "unread since last visit" links disappear, or just mine?  I'm still logged in and everything else seems normal, but now I can't quickly check to see what's new.

A little compassion is better than kicking people when they are down, regardless of who has suffered more and longer or whose bad job market has the biggest dick.
voxprincipalis
Foxaliciously Cinnamon-Scented (and Most Poetic)
Member-Moderator

Has potentially infinite removable wallets

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 12:13:30 AM »

Did everyone's "recent unread posts" and "unread since last visit" links disappear, or just mine?  I'm still logged in and everything else seems normal, but now I can't quickly check to see what's new.

At the far right of the bar at the top that says "Hello anisogamy," after the date and time, there should be an icon that is either a little plus or a little minus. If it is a plus, that means you can click on it to expand that top header to show the "unread posts" and "new replies" links. You may accidentally have clicked on that button and closed it without realizing.

VP

anisogamy
Inordinately pleased to be a

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 12:38:25 AM »

At the far right of the bar at the top that says "Hello anisogamy," after the date and time, there should be an icon that is either a little plus or a little minus. If it is a plus, that means you can click on it to expand that top header to show the "unread posts" and "new replies" links. You may accidentally have clicked on that button and closed it without realizing.

VP

Success!  Thank you!  I feel dumb for not having figured that out myself more quickly, but I'm having a really rough day and it's late.

A little compassion is better than kicking people when they are down, regardless of who has suffered more and longer or whose bad job market has the biggest dick.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: