• November 1, 2014
November 01, 2014, 5:06:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: Talk about how to cope with chronic illness, disability, and other health issues in the academic workplace.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: More *Cowbell* for a Happier New Year!  (Read 23017 times)
merinoblue
That's not screaming; that's rock and roll
Distinguished Senior Member

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 12:47:28 PM »

It does on my tablet, but maybe my tablet resides in an alternative YouTube universe.  Where does the link lead to on your computer?

It leads to a YouTube page with an ad for House of Lies on Showtime at the top of the page, and four links down the side, none of which have anything to do with drumming or the Romantics (actual links omitted here):

Girl Tells Santa She Wants Dad Home From Iraq, Doesn't Know Santa is Dad

SORTEIO Mundial "Fim de Ano" com 6 Ganhadoras por Camila Coelho

Ocean Marketing FAIL

Batman Chooses His Voice (Front Page Films)

There's a second page with four more links, all equally unrelated to drumming or the Romantics.

Weird. Then my tablet is in an alternative universe. Perhaps it's like the wardrobe in the Narnia series, in that it's a portal to unexpected worlds. Unfortunately, I can't see these worlds on my end.  Conclusion: no more posting YouTube links from my tablet.

Defender of whimsy
Sangria knows no borders.
infopri
I guess I'm now a VERY

When all else fails, let us agree to disagree.

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 12:58:31 PM »

It does on my tablet, but maybe my tablet resides in an alternative YouTube universe.  Where does the link lead to on your computer?

It leads to a YouTube page with an ad for House of Lies on Showtime at the top of the page, and four links down the side, none of which have anything to do with drumming or the Romantics (actual links omitted here):

Girl Tells Santa She Wants Dad Home From Iraq, Doesn't Know Santa is Dad

SORTEIO Mundial "Fim de Ano" com 6 Ganhadoras por Camila Coelho

Ocean Marketing FAIL

Batman Chooses His Voice (Front Page Films)

There's a second page with four more links, all equally unrelated to drumming or the Romantics.

Weird. Then my tablet is in an alternative universe. Perhaps it's like the wardrobe in the Narnia series, in that it's a portal to unexpected worlds. Unfortunately, I can't see these worlds on my end.  Conclusion: no more posting YouTube links from my tablet.

Cue the Twilight Zone theme music!

People who do not understand numbers should not be allowed to use them for anything. - DvF

MYOB.  Y enseņen bien a sus hijos.
fiona

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 1:47:25 PM »

I heart COWBELL.

The Fiona

The Fiona or Them Fionæ or Fiona the Sublime

Professor of Thread Killing, Fiork University
tuxedo_cat
Yet another zoologically confusing

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 3:08:12 PM »

I heart COWBELL.

The Fiona

Ah!  we have been graced by a visit from The Fiona: the original champion of more cowbell on the fora.

Btw, one of the reasons I suggested posting links to the video, is that they *all* get taken down regularly by some recent graduate of Columbia University who sits in a cubicle in the basement of 30 Rock and gets paid an annual salary of $60K spending all day looking for illegal postings of the cowbell skit.  That's my theory, anyhow.  And honestly, why have they not just figured out how to *monetize the damn thing??

So I am hoping that the collective cowbell love of this thread will mean that there will always be an illegal cowbell YouTube video at my disposal.  I have watched that thing, seriously, probably about 3 dozen times.  And every single time I am absolutely weeping with laughter by the end.  It is a magical thing.

Maybe we could create a new fora New Year's ritual?  Of ringing in the New Year with a cowbell!  Oh my.  That's means I have only 3 days to go find one!

<scampers off to find a local farm where I can sneak up on an unsuspecting cow to steal its bell>

*I learned that word from this really cool film called "The Social Network"

That's it! I'm turning this Darwin Bus around.
infopri
I guess I'm now a VERY

When all else fails, let us agree to disagree.

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 3:14:57 PM »

Maybe we could create a new fora New Year's ritual?  Of ringing in the New Year with a cowbell!

I love this idea!  But, since many of us are currently far, far away from any cows and their bells, perhaps we can all just play the SNL skit to ring in the new year?

People who do not understand numbers should not be allowed to use them for anything. - DvF

MYOB.  Y enseņen bien a sus hijos.
llanfair
Still reading past her bedtime and Very

Whither Canada?

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2011, 3:15:36 PM »

Hee hee! I downloaded the Cowbell skit, so it is mine forever - that is, unless it's been programmed to self-destruct at some point (which wouldn't surprise me).

Stop looking for zebras when the horse is already standing on your foot.
notaprof
Not a

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2011, 3:24:07 PM »

I heart COWBELL.

The Fiona

Ah!  we have been graced by a visit from The Fiona: the original champion of more cowbell on the fora.

Btw, one of the reasons I suggested posting links to the video, is that they *all* get taken down regularly by some recent graduate of Columbia University who sits in a cubicle in the basement of 30 Rock and gets paid an annual salary of $60K spending all day looking for illegal postings of the cowbell skit.  That's my theory, anyhow.  And honestly, why have they not just figured out how to *monetize the damn thing??

So I am hoping that the collective cowbell love of this thread will mean that there will always be an illegal cowbell YouTube video at my disposal.  I have watched that thing, seriously, probably about 3 dozen times.  And every single time I am absolutely weeping with laughter by the end.  It is a magical thing.

Maybe we could create a new fora New Year's ritual?  Of ringing in the New Year with a cowbell!  Oh my.  That's means I have only 3 days to go find one!

<scampers off to find a local farm where I can sneak up on an unsuspecting cow to steal its bell>

*I learned that word from this really cool film called "The Social Network"

You didn't know the word "all" before the film?  ;o)

tuxedo_cat

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2011, 3:39:45 PM »

Well, you know . . . I went to a state university for my PhD.  There were obviously some holes in my education.

And yes, I approve of the idea of playing the video skit for New Year's!  I will also try to make as much noise as possible with the goat bells.  I have checked my schedule and I'm afraid I don't have time for a proper cow-mugging between now and Jan. 1, 2012.

gennidad
I've been on here how long?

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2011, 4:02:16 PM »

Well, you know . . . I went to a state university for my PhD.  There were obviously some holes in my education.

And yes, I approve of the idea of playing the video skit for New Year's!  I will also try to make as much noise as possible with the goat bells.  I have checked my schedule and I'm afraid I don't have time for a proper cow-mugging between now and Jan. 1, 2012.

Come by our place we have a couple of cow bells stashed somewhere in the house.  Maybe we can get GM to find them and take turns ringing them for new years.  As an added incentive, we have homemade cookies.

Be careful playing in the same sandbox as the kitties...
llanfair

Whither Canada?

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2011, 6:16:47 PM »

Come by our place we have a couple of cow bells stashed somewhere in the house.  Maybe we can get GM to find them and take turns ringing them for new years.  As an added incentive, we have homemade cookies.

Bags I the biggest cowbell before Genni gets it.

tuxedo_cat

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2011, 8:00:26 PM »

The generosity of the fora knows no bounds.  Bells *and* cookies!  This is really going to be a fantastic New Year's.

gennimom
Somewhat Southern (Have I really posted that much?)

Let's get summer over with! Me want snow!

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2011, 9:50:42 PM »

The generosity of the fora knows no bounds.  Bells *and* cookies!  This is really going to be a fantastic New Year's.

Um, Honey? I can see one cowbell from where I'm sitting. It is on the mantel, in pride of place. The other one, if I recall, is on your desk at work. Don't forget to bring it home Friday.

Anybody who wants to order their own can get one here, but there are only three colors: Maroon, white, and pink (for the little ones, donchaknow!).

...only after reading gm's post, my new mantra is "always listen to gennimom".
Monday reeks! - Garfield
The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a person (or something like that).
llanfair

Whither Canada?

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2011, 4:38:39 PM »

When I was a kid, my parents went to Europe, and brought a cowbell similar to this one home.  It was used to call my brother and me home from wherever we were playing ... and believe me, that sucker could be heard for at least 1/4 mile. 

Our friends used to find this very amusing: "Calling all cows! Calling all cows! Report to Head Moo!"

tuxedo_cat

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2011, 9:09:50 PM »

"Calling all cows! Calling all cows! Report to Head Moo!"

With apologies to merino, I'm afraid I must steal this.

gennimom
Somewhat Southern (Have I really posted that much?)

Let's get summer over with! Me want snow!

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2011, 12:10:36 AM »

"Calling all cows! Calling all cows! Report to Head Moo!"

With apologies to merino, I'm afraid I must steal this.

Why should Merino care? She is a sheep.

...only after reading gm's post, my new mantra is "always listen to gennimom".
Monday reeks! - Garfield
The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a person (or something like that).
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: