• October 31, 2014
October 31, 2014, 11:48:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: For all you tweeters, follow The Chronicle on Twitter.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Working with or around Blackboard  (Read 35114 times)
polly_mer
practice makes perfect
Distinguished Senior Member

Have you worked on that project today?

« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2012, 12:52:33 PM »

On a different thread recently, people were discussing that Google accounts get hacked and Google responds by shutting down access.  Could that have happened here?

I've joined a bizarre cult called JordanCanonicalForm's Witnesses.  I have to go from door to door asking people things like, "Good evening, sir!  Do you have a moment to chat about Linear Transformations?"
zuzu_
Frakking

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2012, 3:50:53 PM »

No, I wasn't uploading anything copyrighted--just a copy of my own grading scale in a word document. After sending me an access code via text to my phone number, my account has been restored.

But talk about scary! I have all of my video lectures on YouTube, and I'm starting to link all of my online courses into my google docs. If my account was ever disabled for any significant period of time, I'd be SCREWED.
larryc
Troll Proof

Be excellent to each other.

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2012, 10:04:12 PM »

Zuzu, another solution is to get your document just so in Word, save as a PDF, and load the PDF to Google Docs. However, you'd lose a lot of the functionality of Google Docs that way.

Trolling for sex is not what this forum is all about.
cc_alan
is a wossname

Caution! Nekkid Zamboni driver ahead.

« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2012, 10:52:17 PM »

No, I wasn't uploading anything copyrighted--just a copy of my own grading scale in a word document. After sending me an access code via text to my phone number, my account has been restored.

But talk about scary! I have all of my video lectures on YouTube, and I'm starting to link all of my online courses into my google docs. If my account was ever disabled for any significant period of time, I'd be SCREWED.

Have there been any reports of software glitches?

I started uploading my lecture videos to YouTube over the break (I'm a total newbie at it) and while checking my account stats, I noticed that I my "content ID claims" had been red flagged for one or more violations and I freaked for a bit until I did some searching and discovered *many* people had this happen to them for no obvious reason. It magically went away.

Has anyone offered an explanation to you?

Alan

Guess what? I got a fever and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: