1) What is the job market in Germany with an MLIS degree, academic or non-academic?
2) Will it be much harder to find a job in the U.S. with a German degree?
3) He would get the degree online while working in the U.S., having little time to do an internship, but categorizes data, does web search and some programming, etc. for a living in a non-library setting. Will this put him at a big disadvantage?
4) How good is the Berlin School program?
Thanks in advance for your help.
1) Master degree replaced the diploma in Germany, so it gives best opportunities in job market.
2) Can't answer that, however intention of introducing the Bachelor / Master system in germany was that the international unification of degree, such that the degree is accepted outside of germany.
3 + 4) Can't answer that.