• October 30, 2014
October 30, 2014, 9:09:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: For all you tweeters, follow The Chronicle on Twitter.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Job opening with very few applicants  (Read 69803 times)
miss_jane_marple
Confused Wasp and

I prefer the chocolates

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2012, 9:38:06 AM »

I suspect I've discussed this position with a friend who is currently job-seeking. She hasn't applied because (1) she doesn't have 4 years experience in health science library and (2) she doesn't have sufficient health science coursework. She has more than 4 years experience in reference/instruction with science emphasis and has undergrad degree in microbiology.

OK, this is confusing me. The ad for the job I'm talking about asks for undergraduate or graduate background or significant work experience in the biological or health sciences. A major in microbiology certainly fits that description. So, maybe it's a different position you're talking about. <disappointed face>

We love diversity--as long as it's not diversity of opinion.
vkw10

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2012, 10:22:30 AM »

Thanks for the PM. It's the same job. Talked with my friend about it again, pointing out your posts about low number of applicants for a job. She's still waffling, not sure that her experience is adequate for the database proficiency requirement, but I told her to AFTDJ and let search committee decide. Leaving her ex behind would be worth giving up her current comfortable position.

Good luck with your search. Hope you get at least one more candidate!
miss_jane_marple
Confused Wasp and

I prefer the chocolates

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2012, 11:17:04 AM »

Thanks sooooo much, vkw10! Yes, by all means, AFTDJ! ASAP!

octoprof
Member-Moderator
Distinguished Senior Member

Love your loved ones while you can.

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2012, 8:36:04 AM »

Traditional recruitment methods are totally outdated and a very expensive way of recruiting. Recruitment using social media revolutionises the way recruitment is done, giving the employers the advantage of viewing the potential employee profiles. The advantages of recruitment using the social media methodology are enormous in comparison to the conventional methods.

Just waiting for your spam, friend.

Love your neighbor.
miss_jane_marple
Confused Wasp and

I prefer the chocolates

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2012, 11:20:15 AM »

Wait! So you're saying, if I understand correctly, that recruitment using social media revolutionizes the way recruitment is done? And that the advantages of recruitment using social media are enormous?

Or have I not taken your meaning?

octoprof
Member-Moderator
Distinguished Senior Member

Love your loved ones while you can.

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2012, 11:28:11 AM »

Hi! I am usman . Traditional recruitment methods are totally outdated and a very expensive way of recruiting. Recruitment using social media revolutionises the way recruitment is done, giving the employers the advantage of viewing the potential employee profiles. The advantages of recruitment using the social media methodology are enormous in comparison to the conventional methods.

usman jeckson is from the Department of Redundant Social Media Redundancy Department.

Love your neighbor.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: