• August 25, 2016
August 25, 2016, 7:29:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please Log In to participate in forums.
News: Talk online about your experiences as an adjunct, visiting assistant professor, postdoc, or other contract faculty member.

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185]
  Print  
Author Topic: reducing clutter and organizing stuff  (Read 519120 times)
octoprof
Member-Moderator
Distinguished Senior Member

Love your loved ones while you can.

« Reply #2760 on: August 22, 2016, 10:55:39 am »

My cleaning lady started today. I think I might faint from happiness, and i haven't even seen the results yet.

This, in the end, will (hopefully) help with uncluttering. When I only have enough time to either de-clutter a cupboard or clean the bathroom, the bathroom wins every time. It's like teaching vs. research: the immediate needs attention, leading to lack of attention for the long-term.

Now, we have someone to come in once per week. So, rather than cleaning the shower, I can throw out clothing that I have not worn in 10 years.

I am so gleefully happy about this, I am giddy.

Giddy is absolutely an appropriate response.

We rehired our cleaners after many months of doing it ourselves (and badly). Since my health issues are slowing me down and the spouse doesn't seem to notice dirt until it's ankle deep, this was the right decision. Now I only have to declutter. YIPPEE!

So, off to do todays' decluttering because I run out of energy.

Love your neighbor.

Your new cephaloverlord.
ALL HAIL TO THE OCTO!!!

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
microsb

« Reply #2761 on: August 22, 2016, 11:45:47 am »

My cleaning lady started today. I think I might faint from happiness, and i haven't even seen the results yet.

This, in the end, will (hopefully) help with uncluttering. When I only have enough time to either de-clutter a cupboard or clean the bathroom, the bathroom wins every time. It's like teaching vs. research: the immediate needs attention, leading to lack of attention for the long-term.

Now, we have someone to come in once per week. So, rather than cleaning the shower, I can throw out clothing that I have not worn in 10 years.

We rehired our cleaners after many months of doing it ourselves (and badly). Since my health issues are slowing me down and the spouse doesn't seem to notice dirt until it's ankle deep, this was the right decision. Now I only have to declutter. YIPPEE!

I have suggested hiring a cleaner or someone to do the yardwork occasionally to take the burden off of MicroSpouse (especially since I can't help right now). He's too stubborn and would be prefer to be totally wiped out on his days off catching up with housework. Sigh.
octoprof
Member-Moderator
Distinguished Senior Member

Love your loved ones while you can.

« Reply #2762 on: August 22, 2016, 2:17:31 pm »

Decluttered master bedroom, master bath, living room, dining room, and a bit of the study. Enough for today!

Love your neighbor.

Your new cephaloverlord.
ALL HAIL TO THE OCTO!!!

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
rosecoloredtulip

« Reply #2763 on: August 22, 2016, 6:26:52 pm »

Having a cleaner never ever gets old. I have someone come in every other week and every time it is just wonderful to come home to a sparkling house I didn't clean.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185]
  Print  

Jump to: