• October 30, 2014
October 30, 2014, 9:01:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: For all you tweeters, follow The Chronicle on Twitter.

Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 776
  Print  
Author Topic: Posting while Plastered  (Read 952662 times)
corny
maizetastic, grained-up
Distinguished Senior Member

« Reply #7575 on: May 03, 2012, 8:48:02 PM »

Bell's Oberon Ale. Ahhhhh. 

You must live nearby (relatively speaking)!  Or have we already had this conversation?  I love me some Oberon, though I haven't sampled this summer's batch yet.  It meets with your approval, I take it?

If you're forming a Bell's fan club, I will join. I heart Oberon (though, perhaps because I am a big boozo, I sort of prefer Two-Hearted). One of the great joys of moving to VAPville was discovering that I had moved back into Bell's distribution territory.

Despite all that I am just having a glass of wine.

It may just be bourbon in the garden today, and making the best of things.
dr_alcott

« Reply #7576 on: May 03, 2012, 10:21:48 PM »

Bell's Oberon Ale. Ahhhhh. 

You must live nearby (relatively speaking)!  Or have we already had this conversation?  I love me some Oberon, though I haven't sampled this summer's batch yet.  It meets with your approval, I take it?

If you're forming a Bell's fan club, I will join. I heart Oberon (though, perhaps because I am a big boozo, I sort of prefer Two-Hearted). One of the great joys of moving to VAPville was discovering that I had moved back into Bell's distribution territory.

Despite all that I am just having a glass of wine.

The Oberon indeed meets with my approval. I only discovered it a couple summers ago. Better late than never, I suppose.

You must be your own snow, Dr_Alcott.  You must lift, and sparkle, and then melt away.

I love everyone here!
bcohlan1

« Reply #7577 on: May 03, 2012, 10:34:32 PM »

I'm having one of those nights when my finger has become stuck in a beer bottle and will not dislodge.

"ASSUMING I EXIST, I MAY OR MAY NOT BE DOING OKAY" -T-Rex
marigolds
looks far too young to be a

i had fun once and it was awful

« Reply #7578 on: May 03, 2012, 10:36:34 PM »

I'm having one of those nights when my finger has become stuck in a beer bottle and will not dislodge.

In the bottle? I hope you have one in the other hand that isn't blocked up, at least!

They are our servants.  They are like dogs.  Sometimes, they think they remember being wolves, but they are only dreaming.
bcohlan1

« Reply #7579 on: May 03, 2012, 11:18:34 PM »

In the bottle? I hope you have one in the other hand that isn't blocked up, at least!

I have now dislodged it; all is well!

This happens to me all the time.  When I am drunk I tend to thrust my middle finger in there as far as it will go.  When I attempt to remove it, it gets stuck tight at the knuckle.

prof_smartypants
Treasure-pilferin' and grog-swillin'

You're getting hosed by small minds with no game.

« Reply #7580 on: May 04, 2012, 3:32:34 PM »

Someone on another thread just referred to Levon Helm as a "Pop Musician".

I need a drink.

melba_frilkins
Doing laundry.
Member-Moderator

« Reply #7581 on: May 04, 2012, 3:35:52 PM »

I have now dislodged it; all is well!

This happens to me all the time.  When I am drunk I tend to thrust my middle finger in there as far as it will go.  When I attempt to remove it, it gets stuck tight at the knuckle.

I am prone to do this as well. Thankfully I don't do anything any dumber while drunk.

(Ok, that latter was a fib.)

Light up the corners of your neighborhood with disco balls matched with dancing green and violet beams.
biomancer
trying to be the person my dog thinks I am

CHE Fora Hazmat Team

« Reply #7582 on: May 05, 2012, 3:44:46 PM »

I need somebody to come over, hand me my beer when I make a motion and remain completely silent unless a goal is scored.  Any takers?  My couch is very comfortable.

I'm pretty sure this was my father's intended purpose in procreating.

Scampster, trained to fetch a beer from the basement fridge and pour it into a frosty mug with little head since age 7, lest her dad miss one bit of the Canadiens game.

Hey, Scampster is my cousin!  My dad taught me to pour one from his draft system into a frosty mug with just the right amount of foam when I was old enough to reach the tap (~age 5 or 6, I think - it was before we moved, and I was 7 when we moved).  That way he didn't have to get up from watching the Steelers/Penguins/Pirates.

I'm pondering whether to start with the red wine or the white wine tonight.   I've got an open bottle of each after cooking a couple wine-based recipes this week.

Clueless people can be dangerous. The acidic environment they can spread often needs to be neutralized, and humor is basic.  - Dellaroux

I have realized that it is best to assume everyone is bonkers until they demonstrate otherwise. - ChaosByDesign
prof_smartypants

« Reply #7583 on: May 05, 2012, 3:46:41 PM »

Got too plastered last night. Ugh.

science_expat
Science Expat. Just pretending to be a somewhat

« Reply #7584 on: May 05, 2012, 5:56:08 PM »

Codeine* and beer.

Guess who's going to sleep well tonight...

__

*For medical purposes related to a knee injury.

"Continue to speak truth to power and try to provoke evidence-based debate and decision-making. The holders of power will not like it and your career trajectory will not rise as high as you wish, but you will retain your professional integrity and the respect of those people whom you also respect."
bcohlan1

« Reply #7585 on: May 05, 2012, 6:03:09 PM »

Beer!

ab_grp
doing the best imitation of myself as a

« Reply #7586 on: May 05, 2012, 6:05:03 PM »

Beer, so far.  I may make some sangria or margaritas (though the weather is still cool and rainy and I'm not sure if I have the right stuff to make margaritas). 

Quote from: bread_pirate_naan
You are a genius. 

There is apparently no joy in life that mathematicians will not attempt to dessicate with the dry, hot air of statistical analysis. -anonymous commenter
marigolds

« Reply #7587 on: May 05, 2012, 7:05:48 PM »

Juleps? I couldn't copy/paste your recipe (stupid mobile Facebook) and a friend who saw that I commented on it was pestering me for it. I had to take a picture of the iPad screen and text him the screenshot so he could satisfy his jones.

They are our servants.  They are like dogs.  Sometimes, they think they remember being wolves, but they are only dreaming.
prof_smartypants

« Reply #7588 on: May 05, 2012, 7:19:50 PM »

Juleps? I couldn't copy/paste your recipe (stupid mobile Facebook) and a friend who saw that I commented on it was pestering me for it. I had to take a picture of the iPad screen and text him the screenshot so he could satisfy his jones.

Nope, although I did make those a few years back and they were delicious. Last night i was drinking rum and gingers. Many of them.

Then, one of our grad students tried to start a bar fight with my husband, so we left.

marigolds

« Reply #7589 on: May 05, 2012, 7:39:54 PM »

Nope, although I did make those a few years back and they were delicious. Last night i was drinking rum and gingers. Many of them.

Then, one of our grad students tried to start a bar fight with my husband, so we left.

Wow. Grade him down.

I'm having sangria. (Yes, yes, I know.)

Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 776
  Print  

Jump to: