• October 31, 2014
October 31, 2014, 7:47:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: Talk online about your experiences as an adjunct, visiting assistant professor, postdoc, or other contract faculty member.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: It's official - Grantham U NOT returning  (Read 56441 times)
granthamstudent83

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 1:01:36 PM »

Hello, I'm a current student...which I'm pretty sure is about to change.  Myself and about 5 other military members signed up together.  Things are not looking so hot any more.  The Nationally Accredited thing is now wieghing in because it means that the credits will not transfer.  Plus, I was in two classes for over a year.  Not once was I contacted by Grantham.  So what do their student progress advisors do?  I'm sorry, but although this deal seemed great, Grantham should have been more responsible about letting the students know that their degree isn't worth much.  Then again, should it?  No labs,  all open book tests, no teacher interaction.  I suggested that they have video session classes or downloadable classes students can take.  No one listened.  No response. Nothing.  I've been more than fair with contacting Grantham and they haven't done anything except take my TA money and collet a fat check.  Well, I really liked the people that I talked to and how they handled themselves, but it is not their decision for the things I was requesting.  So, myself alone, Grantham will lose about 10 grand after I quit their program.  I know of two other friends doing the same thing.  For some reason I'm still hanging on and asking Grantham to come up with something that makes them just as desirable to have a degree from than anyone else.  Well, needless to say, I'm disappointed with Grantham.  I would not recommend this to a new student.....if I could just go back and tell myself this.
navystudent

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 11:13:53 PM »

Post your experience on the rip-off report here:  http://ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff160917.htm

Get the word out to others in the military. 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 11:42:03 AM by moderator » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: