• October 31, 2014
October 31, 2014, 4:26:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: Talk online about your experiences as an adjunct, visiting assistant professor, postdoc, or other contract faculty member.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Students Fatigue Meaning No Health Insurance  (Read 24792 times)
James T. Struck
« on: October 20, 2005, 11:30:55 PM »

I just want to alert the academic community that somewhat like the Tuskegee Syphillis experiments where patients were made sick in order to see how the illness affected the patients, the fatigue contributed to by stress from school was made in my life into a reason to forever deny health insurance.

I am offered CHIPS plans, but  several insurance companies have denied insurance for reason of a diagnosis which is largely just fatigue and stress from discrimination, difficult circumstances and confusion.

I experienced fatigue and stress after loosing my father, home, mother with 19 stitches in head from father's alcoholism related abuse, mother's agitation  possibly from abuse by father  related to alcohol, false arrest by a school asking why prohibited from getting certified to be a school teacher resulting in confusion and feeling of being discriminated against.

We wil see the same thing in Katrina, Rita, Wilma. Fatigue means mental illness diagnosis and then denied insurance. I am eligible for COBRA (more expensive) from a recent employer.

Please be aware. Heavy school workload really can contribute to fatigue which is seen as an illness but is actually just fatigue and stress. Hospitals then coerce medication and call feelings of discrimination delusional. Be aware....I would actually be horrified of sending a student to a school where the student's fatigue could mean forever denying health insurance to the student.

Thanks,

James T. Struck

[%sig%]
usefulx

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 6:32:36 PM »

Insurance for students is about as useful as any other insurance. you've just gotta read all the small print. There's not many useful websites for students around either to advise. My advice is to forget about the premium and see what you're actually covered for - cheaper excess and limited cover may reduce payments etc, but what's the point when you actually need to claim and seņor small print gets involved!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 6:34:14 PM by usefulx » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: