• October 31, 2014
October 31, 2014, 7:00:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: For all you tweeters, follow The Chronicle on Twitter.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 70
  Print  
Author Topic: seeking fellow gamers  (Read 199947 times)
sidey
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 4:49:22 PM »

Happens from time to time.  No idea why - it just does.

Who am I to question the vagaries of the world?

:-) wrote:

>
> Who woulda thunk it????
Untenured
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2005, 4:56:06 PM »

Aha, there are fellow gamers who pose as academics in the real world.  What a pleasant surprise.

Thanks moose for the Neverball suggestion.  It took me some time to find the windows version but once I downloaded it was not disppointed.  The levels sure got hard fast though!

I've heard that WoW is the best of the MMORG's.  That's why I can't go near it.  I can just see me playing this game endlessly and not noticing that my publication rate goes down.  I can just imagine a Wow guild... Ph.D's only please!  Now that would be a fun group.  One of the reasons I stopped playing MMORPG's is that there are too many 13 year olds who are just interested in powerleveling and don't adhere to the fantasy genre.

Anyone ever play a game multiplayer online?  Not an MMORPG but something like Diplomacy?

Ok, back to Battlefield 2. :)

Untenured

[%sig%]
2 More Cents
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2005, 5:26:25 PM »

Quake III.  Waiting for Quake IV...
me too
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2005, 6:25:02 PM »

I am currently playing a "paper-based" RPG online with friends across the country (sometimes world).  It is a joy.
Doug E. Fresh
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2005, 4:31:10 AM »

I use MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) and various ROMS to (once in a while) play all the video games I grew up with.  Among my favorites: Robotron, Super Pac-Man, Donkey Kong Jr., Crazy Climber, Tempest, and a handful of others.

MAME is available for Macs and PCs.

http://www.mame.net/
http://www.macmame.org/
Untenured
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2005, 6:14:58 AM »

me too wrote:

> I am currently playing a "paper-based" RPG online with friends
> across the country (sometimes world).  It is a joy.

Neat idea.  How do you make it work?

Untenured
Boris
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2005, 6:23:32 AM »

I'm a gamer of a different type - I play a BBC Sports golf game "Stroke it Lucky" about 10 times a day in-between tasks. I know it's not what "real" gamers play, but I've always enjoyed sports games, and this is a pretty good free game on the 'net. Also, miniclip "Ashes cricket" was pretty fun, but now that the Ashes is over, I've lost interest in cricket (plus I'm in North America).

this is so pathetic...
Sofia
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2005, 8:18:09 AM »

I played WoW for a while... but I truly can't handle the adrenaline rushes of gaming.  After a session I felt like running around like Beavis ("hehehehe.  I am Cornholio...")...
gamer
WoW
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2005, 9:37:47 AM »

What server are you WoW folks on?
on the verge
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2005, 10:30:48 AM »

I'm on Cenarion Circle. I think a Ph.D. guild would be fantastic.
Sheepdog
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2005, 11:51:43 AM »

I play Reversi (also known as "Othello") online for about half an hour every day.  It's a great game, with ways of thinking that are a little like chess, checkers, or go.  I play for free online, against other human players, at games.yahoo.com.  As an added bonus, I've gotten into some great conversations with folks from all over the world.  Maybe I'll see you sometime on the Reversi boards!
Untenured
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2005, 6:24:25 PM »

A Ph.D. guild!  I'd definately be into that.

Untenured
Dale
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2005, 3:10:27 PM »

Where would you find the games to emulate with the MAME emulator?  Just online somewhere?
Stagolee
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2005, 11:11:22 AM »

Tetris is the one for me.
voxprincipalis
Foxaliciously Cinnamon-Scented (and Most Poetic)
Member-Moderator
Distinguished Senior Member

Has potentially infinite removable wallets

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2011, 9:41:47 PM »

Bump. (No, seriously, I'm bumping this thread after six years.)

Untenured, are you still gaming? What are you playing these days, and who else is in?

I am mostly enthralled with iPad games at the present, but have lost a few hours over the last several months to Portal 2 (as per my signature line), Oblivion, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Heavy Rain. I have Zelda: Skyward Sword winging its way to me upon release, but will not play it until classes are over, for obvious reasons.

VP

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 70
  Print  

Jump to: