• October 31, 2014
October 31, 2014, 4:32:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: Talk about how to cope with chronic illness, disability, and other health issues in the academic workplace.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 70
  Print  
Author Topic: seeking fellow gamers  (Read 199946 times)
tinyzombie
She of the Badass Abs, and a
Distinguished Senior Member

elevate from this point on - chuck d

« Reply #345 on: April 12, 2012, 12:22:47 PM »

What do people think of the upcoming Resident Evil 6? The official release date hasn't been announced yet but I can't wait! I heard that they are moving away from the action / adventure theme in RE5 and that they are going back to the horror theme seen in earlier editions!

Wow, this is an odd thread for a newbie to find... <raises eyebrow speculatively>

I don't play Resident Evil, and won't, so ... on this matter I have no opinion. However, I have to point out that it does indeed have a release date (two, in fact: originally, November 20, but now moved up to October 2).

VP

Even odder for a spammer.

Quote from: usukprof
I think we have three of them, but the smallest one seems to be the leader.
Quote from: dolljepopp
Who needs real life when Sandra Bullock is around?
Quote from: systeme_d_
You are all my people, and I love you.
chaosbydesign
"Are you alive?"
Member-Moderator

Whatever your problem is, it's probably my fault.

« Reply #346 on: April 14, 2012, 6:43:31 PM »

Any Steam users here? I can't get games to open. It just stays at 'preparing to launch'. Any idea what I need to do to fix this?

I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously sir. To which one are you referring? -- Spock
untenured
On far too many committees
Member-Moderator

« Reply #347 on: April 15, 2012, 10:06:12 AM »

I use Steam, but I don't have an answer for you.  The most obvious place is the very active Steam forums.

Quote from: kedves link=topic=56697.msg1152543#msg1152543
You are among the Pure and Truthful, however small their Number.
My goodness, that was an exceptionally good analysis of the forum.
chaosbydesign
"Are you alive?"
Member-Moderator

« Reply #348 on: April 15, 2012, 12:51:35 PM »

It fixed itself when I logged out and back in again.

I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously sir. To which one are you referring? -- Spock
chaosbydesign
"Are you alive?"
Member-Moderator

« Reply #349 on: April 20, 2012, 11:37:42 AM »

I am attempting to play Defense Grid: You Monster (because, you know, GLaDOS). I am failing, so far, however I sucked at Portal when I first started to play it, so I am assuming I will also get better at this.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

voxprincipalis
Foxaliciously Cinnamon-Scented (and Most Poetic)
Member-Moderator

Has potentially infinite removable wallets

« Reply #350 on: April 27, 2012, 5:42:18 PM »

I'm considering running out this evening to buy one or more of the games in the Uncharted series. These games have gotten high marks from critics; have any of you played them? (I'm assuming the answer is yes, since I have some embarrassing holes in my gamer creds and this is one of them.) Buy? Don't buy?

VP

frogfactory
Totally Metal

« Reply #351 on: April 27, 2012, 8:47:18 PM »

I use Steam, no problems here.

I haven't played Uncharted, but I've watched someone play large chunks of the first two games.  They're very linear and cinematic.  I don't think I'd play them (I generally don't like games where you have to kill things), but they are very well done.

My favourite game of all time - though Portal 2 gives it a run for its money - remains Grim Fandango.  Effing perfction.  I even fancy Manny a bit.

At the end of the day, sometimes you just have to masturbate in the bathroom.
sciencegrad
The youngest

« Reply #352 on: April 28, 2012, 1:19:03 PM »

I'm considering running out this evening to buy one or more of the games in the Uncharted series. These games have gotten high marks from critics; have any of you played them? (I'm assuming the answer is yes, since I have some embarrassing holes in my gamer creds and this is one of them.) Buy? Don't buy?

VP

I haven't played the first one, and I've heard that it doesn't really hold a candle to the others.  I played the other two shortly after they both came out and enjoyed 2 the most.  I replayed 2 after beating 3 and the biggest problem for me with 3 is that there are so many gunfights that it got very tedious. 

"Persons of good sense, I have since observed, seldom fall into [argument], except lawyers, university men, and men of all sorts that have been bred at Edinborough." -Benjamin Franklin
bcohlan1

« Reply #353 on: April 28, 2012, 2:01:23 PM »

I have an on and off love affair with the free, independently made games created with Adventure Game Studio.  I usually wait a few months until people have created some new games, then jump back in and play them all in an adventure game binge.

One such binge is starting now.

"ASSUMING I EXIST, I MAY OR MAY NOT BE DOING OKAY" -T-Rex
voxprincipalis
Foxaliciously Cinnamon-Scented (and Most Poetic)
Member-Moderator

Has potentially infinite removable wallets

« Reply #354 on: April 28, 2012, 11:27:22 PM »

As it happens I ended up finally opening the heretofore-sealed box containing Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Thus far, I hate it. Mostly because of the graphics. Which I hate. Hatefully.

VP

bcohlan1

« Reply #355 on: April 28, 2012, 11:41:36 PM »

As it happens I ended up finally opening the heretofore-sealed box containing Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Thus far, I hate it. Mostly because of the graphics. Which I hate. Hatefully.

VP

Mine still sits unopened.  I haven't yet bought the extension to the controller it requires.

"ASSUMING I EXIST, I MAY OR MAY NOT BE DOING OKAY" -T-Rex
sciencegrad
The youngest

« Reply #356 on: April 29, 2012, 1:41:10 PM »

I thought the graphics looked interesting, like a combination of styles from Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. I haven't played the game, though.

"Persons of good sense, I have since observed, seldom fall into [argument], except lawyers, university men, and men of all sorts that have been bred at Edinborough." -Benjamin Franklin
mazerunner

« Reply #357 on: May 01, 2012, 8:17:24 AM »

I'm a proud gamer.  I would game heavily while writing my dissertation to relieve stress.  Now that I'm finished, I game heavily because, well, I can.  I have maybe 40 new games that I have to work my way through, but I keep getting drawn into a few games that I've been playing for over a year (Final Fantasy 12, Mario Kart Wii, etc.).  I've thought about incorporating gaming into my research, but I'm not sure how "respected" that domain is in academia.  This is my new favorite thread.
prof_smartypants
Treasure-pilferin' and grog-swillin'

You're getting hosed by small minds with no game.

« Reply #358 on: May 01, 2012, 6:01:49 PM »

Anyone played "R.U.S.E"? Just bought it for hubby.

conjugate
Compulsive punster and insatiable reader, and
Member-Moderator

Tends to have warped sense of humor

« Reply #359 on: May 01, 2012, 6:15:31 PM »

Anyone played "R.U.S.E"? Just bought it for hubby.

No, I tend not to play the realistic "real-world" kinds of games.  I am awaiting Orcs and Elves, a cheap little game that might be fun.

Unfortunately, I think conjugate gives good advice.
∀ε>0∃δ>0∋|xa|<δ⇒|(x)-(a)|<ε
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 70
  Print  

Jump to: