• October 31, 2014
October 31, 2014, 9:13:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: For all you tweeters, follow The Chronicle on Twitter.

Pages: 1 ... 1228 1229 [1230] 1231 1232 ... 3702
  Print  
Author Topic: Post your one-offs here  (Read 4629706 times)
prytania3
Distinguished Senior Member

Prytania, the Foracle

« Reply #18435 on: August 13, 2010, 1:01:26 AM »

Quid pro quo

In hoc signo vinces.  

Veni, vidi, VISA.

Alea jacta est.

Quod erat demonstradum.

You have been reported for not using any English in your post. English only is a fora rule. If you don't like it, take it up with the moderators.
Please refrain from writing entire posts in a foreign language. The occasional foreign phrase is fine, but posts should primarily be written in English.

And Conjugate, you know I love you, but rules are rules.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 1:05:04 AM by prytania3 » Logged

I'm not a narcissist. I'm just angry and violent.
conjugate
Compulsive punster and insatiable reader, and
Member-Moderator

Tends to have warped sense of humor

« Reply #18436 on: August 13, 2010, 1:18:33 AM »

Quid pro quo

In hoc signo vinces. 

Veni, vidi, VISA.

Alea jacta est.

Quod erat demonstradum.

You have been reported for not using any English in your post. English only is a fora rule. If you don't like it, take it up with the moderators.
Please refrain from writing entire posts in a foreign language. The occasional foreign phrase is fine, but posts should primarily be written in English.

Aww... <blush>  My flirting has been repaid at last. ;-)

Can I claim that VISA counts as English?  After all, it's everywhere you want to be!

Unfortunately, I think conjugate gives good advice.
∀ε>0∃δ>0∋|xa|<δ⇒|(x)-(a)|<ε
prytania3

Prytania, the Foracle

« Reply #18437 on: August 13, 2010, 1:22:22 AM »

Quid pro quo

In hoc signo vinces. 

Veni, vidi, VISA.

Alea jacta est.

Quod erat demonstradum.

Aww... <blush>  My flirting has been repaid at last. ;-)

Can I claim that VISA counts as English?  After all, it's everywhere you want to be!

This is the issue I got banned over because I had a heated debate with the mods about it. I'm over it now, but I had to report you just to let them know I haven't forgotten; moreover, I'm sick of everyone being all la di da about foreign languages, but no one has a beef that the fora is English only.

Frankly, I know longer care about the issue, and I'm cool with the mods, but I had to report you for old times sake.

I'm not a narcissist. I'm just angry and violent.
voxprincipalis
Foxaliciously Cinnamon-Scented (and Most Poetic)
Member-Moderator

Has potentially infinite removable wallets

« Reply #18438 on: August 13, 2010, 2:49:48 AM »

Unrelated:

I just wrote, and then deleted, an entire cats-and-dogs exchange. I must be either getting softer in my old age, or less patient about spelling things out in words that three-year-olds can understand.

You can block PMs if you like.  Just go to your profile and there's a place to manage emails and other things.  Just type in the name of the forumite from whom you do not wish to hear and you won't. 

Why, it's almost like ... um, what is that thing called ... gee, it's on the tip of my tongue...

VP

mouseman
Oh dear, how did I become a

The Validater/Validator-in-Chief

« Reply #18439 on: August 13, 2010, 4:04:25 AM »

I guess that your calculations of costs are based on the assumption that you're Plato teaching in an olive grove.

In the midst of the word he was trying to say,
In the midst of his laughter and glee,
He had softly and suddenly vanished away -- -
For the Snark was a Boojum, you see.
                                                  Lewis Carroll
grasshopper

Grade Despot

« Reply #18440 on: August 13, 2010, 7:18:32 AM »

Unrelated:

I just wrote, and then deleted, an entire cats-and-dogs exchange. I must be either getting softer in my old age, or less patient about spelling things out in words that three-year-olds can understand.

VP

I love the cat-and-dog thing! It's one of my favourites!

polly_mer
practice makes perfect

Have you worked on that project today?

« Reply #18441 on: August 13, 2010, 7:39:04 AM »

Unrelated:

VP

Mine too!

To get back to what is important, I'm putting Scotty as Registrar so that we have some sanity in course scheduling.

I've joined a bizarre cult called JordanCanonicalForm's Witnesses.  I have to go from door to door asking people things like, "Good evening, sir!  Do you have a moment to chat about Linear Transformations?"
aandsdean
I feel affirmed that I'm truly a 8,000+ post

Positively impactful on stakeholder synergies

« Reply #18442 on: August 13, 2010, 8:15:28 AM »

I guess that your calculations of costs are based on the assumption that you're Plato teaching in an olive grove.

Actually, I'm Plato teaching in a cornfield.

Que scay-je?
anthroid
hyperdiffusionist wackaloonery!

No happy socks because nobody gets Manitoba.

« Reply #18443 on: August 13, 2010, 8:29:51 AM »

Unrelated:

VP

Mine too!

To get back to what is important, I'm putting Scotty as Registrar so that we have some sanity in course scheduling.

The comedic possibilities are endless. 

Snowflake:  Please, Mr. Scot, won't you pleae let me into Beginning Basketweaving?  I have to have to have to take this fall or I won't graduate and my dad will go apesh!t on my ass and it will all your fault!

Mr. Scot:  Dean Kirk, I canna push Banner any more; the class canna take i'!

Am I the only one who even remembers Up with People??
jackit
Uppity

'Til the cows drive home.

« Reply #18444 on: August 13, 2010, 11:21:32 AM »

Unrelated:

VP

Mine too!

Snowflake:  Please, Mr. Scot, won't you pleae let me into Beginning Basketweaving?  I have to have to have to take this fall or I won't graduate and my dad will go apesh!t on my ass and it will all your fault!

Dean Kirk:  Do it, Scotty!

Professor Spock:  It seems, Dean, that Humans cannot do math as well as Vulcans.  I therefore want to cap enrollment at 13 in Calculus IV <Spock holds up fingers split in a 'V'.>

aandsdean
I feel affirmed that I'm truly a 8,000+ post

Positively impactful on stakeholder synergies

« Reply #18445 on: August 13, 2010, 11:53:06 AM »

Unrelated:

VP

Mine too!

Professor Spock:  It seems, Dean, that Humans cannot do math as well as Vulcans.  I therefore want to cap enrollment at 13 in Calculus IV <Spock holds up fingers split in a 'V'.>

Doood, Spock is Professor of Logic, not math!

Que scay-je?
neutralname
A person without qualities, except for being a
Member-Moderator

« Reply #18446 on: August 13, 2010, 11:58:35 AM »

Plato supported the Rule of Law, even for unjust laws. 

"My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music." Vladimir Nabokov
conjugate
Compulsive punster and insatiable reader, and
Member-Moderator

Tends to have warped sense of humor

« Reply #18447 on: August 13, 2010, 1:24:07 PM »

Unrelated:

VP

Mine too!

Doood, Spock is Professor of Logic, not math!

"Dammit, Jim, I'm a Doctor, not a Mathematician!"

Unfortunately, I think conjugate gives good advice.
∀ε>0∃δ>0∋|xa|<δ⇒|(x)-(a)|<ε
stitch
Non-Voting Member, RCIB

« Reply #18448 on: August 13, 2010, 1:27:11 PM »

Apparently I wasn't the only one who couldn't resist that set up.  Heh.
mystictechgal
Happy in my "full, rich adulthood", and as a
Member-Moderator

One step at a time

« Reply #18449 on: August 13, 2010, 1:37:39 PM »

[unrelated to all that has gone before]

Please, you can "create an incentive to encourage x", but you cannot "incentivize x".  "Incentivize" is not a word; neither can it be placed into the past tense, because "incentivized" is not a word, either.  Why do so many people who make their lives writing (nonsense, and otherwise) persist in trying to foist them off on the reading public?  Gah!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 1:38:46 PM by mystictechgal » Logged

You must realize that a university cannot educate you. You must do that for yourself, although a college or university is the place where it is likely that you can study most efficiently.
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/chapman.htm

"Is all the same, only different" -- HL
Pages: 1 ... 1228 1229 [1230] 1231 1232 ... 3702
  Print  

Jump to: