Students Singing Loudly in Public Places?

(1/10) > >>

archman:
I am not sure if I am seeing the cusp of a new cultural dysfunctionality, or a weird blip on my campus.

For the last few weeks, I have been observing a few students that feel they need to LOUDLY SING to their headphone music in campus hallways, sidewalks, benches, and in-between classes.

It is only a few students, but it has been consistent. They are singing to themselves, apparently. It is like singing in the shower or in the car I suppose, except for the presence of other people being in their immediate vicinity.

Is this another sign of the decline of appropriate public behavior? Is it a trend championed by some recent celebrity? Am I just stochastically exposed to dumb#% in the near term?

Inquiring minds want to know. Or just my mind, really.

systeme_d_:
I have not witnessed this on my campus, but I have witnessed this on public transportation.

I have always assumed that those loud, off-key public singers have traumatic brain injuries or are otherwise impaired.

wet_blanket:
They probably think they're singing softly and those around them can barely hear it.  People don't realize they're talking really loudly when they're on their phones or are listening to music either.

systeme_d_:
Quote from: wet_blanket on March 20, 2013,  1:57:01 PM

They probably think they're singing softly and those around them can barely hear it.  People don't realize they're talking really loudly when they're on their phones or are listening to music either.

The folks to whom I am referring are singing at the top of their lungs.

yellowtractor:
I think we need more Body Awareness Seminars for our students.  Singing loudly isn't the only thing they do in public while texting or with their earbuds in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page