Lone Star College System provides comprehensive educational opportunities and programs to enrich lives.
Lone Star College System is recognized globally as the premier community college for student success, innovation and partnerships.
Through its colleges and centers, LSC Develops learning communities for:
• Technical programs, leading to associate degrees and certificates, designed to develop marketable skills and support economic development.
• Academic courses in the arts and sciences to transfer to senior institutions.
• Continuing adult education programs for academic, professional, occupational, and cultural enhancement.
• Developmental education and literacy programs designed to improve the basic skills of students.
• A program of student support services, including counseling and learning resources, designed to assist individuals in achieving their educational and career goals.
• Workforce, economic, and community development initiatives designed to meet local and statewide needs.
• Other purposes as may be directed by the Board of Trustees and/or laws of the State of Texas.
We believe that the most important resources of the Lone Star College System are the individual faculty and staff members, who are entitled to a supportive collegial work environment which rewards excellence and innovation, creates opportunities for professional development, fosters meaningful involvement in shared governance and provides excellent compensation.
Formerly known as the North Harris Montgomery Community College District, the Lone Star College System is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate of Arts, Associate of Arts in Teaching, Associate of Science and Associate of Applied Science Degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of The Lone Star College System. Accredited since 1976, Lone Star's accreditation was reaffirmed in 2002 and is scheduled for reaffirmation of accreditation in 2012.