Every spring and fall, professors try to one-up their colleagues by exchanging unintentionally hilarious sentences from students’ exams and final papers. Some of our readers have been kind enough to share the best ones on a lengthy thread in our Forums section. Below, a few gems:
- Marie Curie invented oxygen.
- The Glorious Revolution was when John Donne changed religions so he wouldn’t have to have any more children.
- Olympia has a cat near her, which was shocking to people because cat has a similar word for a woman’s love center.
- The Restoration fixed the Greek manuscripts and stuff.
- Monasticism are monk’s who enter a monastery for the soul purpose of God.
- Officer Ryan pulled over Cameron who was a black man riding with his white wife Christine who appeared to be performing flatulence.
- But dealing with technology I have realized that you have to be patient and both student and teacher have to leave a margarine for error.
- This period of climate change was caused by the collapse of the Mayan Civilization.
- Tin Pan Alley published his first song in 1982.