Two weeks ago I wrote a post in which I reflected that there is no shortage of hardware and software tools designed to help us stay fit and healthy. From tracking miles walked, biked, or run, to counting calories, to keeping up with your heart rate, if you want to gather data about what shape you’re in, chances are pretty good that there’s a tool for you out there. I invited ProfHacker readers to share their favorite tools, and below I’ve listed what you came up with.
- kcfeminist loves her Nike+ but wishes that it could tell the difference between runs and walks.
- csdanforth recommends MyNetDiary, RunKeeper, HeartPace, and Daily Deeds.
- kevingannon uses a Schwinn bike computer and prefers Bikely to MapMyRide.
- nicoler and eetempleton offers their votes for TheDailyPlate.
- brockter uses DailyBurn and Runkeeper.
- williams_way points us to NutriMirror.
- brianborchers has a Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS/heart rate monitor that gathers data he uploads to MapMyRun. He also posts a link in Facebook to each workout and maintains a spreadsheet in GoogleDocs.
How about you?
What are your favorite tools and methods for keeping track of health and fitness? Let us hear from you in the comments section!Return to Top